Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to make a hero play on a throw that sailed and landed on the edge where the grass meets the sidewalk. Just had xrays.....waiting for radiologist report. If it wasn't for my mad hops I wouldn't have landed so hard

Comment

They are 7-8 years old. Practice should have been cancelled or at the least, moved indoors. I don't think one more day off is going to ruin their shot at the MLB!
      Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 02-11-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        According to some on this thread ... eskimos are extinct.

Our team's 7u boys played tournament games till 8:30 last night and are just now taking the field today for brackets.
        And that looks like you are watching it from inside or on television.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
          And that looks like you are watching it from inside or on television.
          Not our tournament. Its our 7u team..and they arent complaining, whining, or bitching like soccer moms.
          But we've played in rain, and cold weather.

Yall whine about playing football and hockey in inclement weather too?

A healthy immune system is one that gets used.

I swear, the wussification is seeded deep.

Comment

Track runs in that weather. Football plays in it in the rain as well, and snow up north. Baseball players can do the same. Will build team spirit lol
            Unless they're young. I'd give the young ones a break. Older kids hit the field

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              No! Cold weather doesn’t give people flu or a cold. Get their snowflake asses out there.
              I didn't read the whole thread because I didn't need to. Jeff hit the nail on the head. Weather doesn't cause or transmit the flu and the reason we have so many candy-assed kids is because we have too many candy-assed parents.

I'll admit I pushed my kids to basketball because it's hard to beat a climate-controlled gym.

Comment

I'd ask him how cold it was but he has me blocked. Speaking of wussification. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Not our tournament. Its our 7u team..and they arent complaining, whining, or bitching like soccer moms.
                  But we've played in rain, and cold weather.

Yall whine about playing football and hockey in inclement weather too?

A healthy immune system is one that gets used.

I swear, the wussification is seeded deep.
                  Hear Hear !! It's incredible now days. Too hot, Little Johnny can't practice, too cold, no little Johnny, too windy, no little Johnny. Little Johnny is 250lbs but a 243 is too much, where can I find some reduced recoil loads. I mean, todays "Men" have to ask the internet when Johnny can hold a gun, when he can set in a stand by himself, etc...
                  Can you imagine when this group of kids, have kids? We straight f $#%@d bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    Hear Hear !! It's incredible now days. Too hot, Little Johnny can't practice, too cold, no little Johnny, too windy, no little Johnny. Little Johnny is 250lbs but a 243 is too much, where can I find some reduced recoil loads. I mean, todays "Men" have to ask the internet when Johnny can hold a gun, when he can set in a stand by himself, etc...
                    Can you imagine when this group of kids, have kids? We straight f $#%@d bro!!
                    Man that is perfect. Where have you been

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                      Man, do kids up north just stay indoors 4 months every year? Does kids ski school kill thousands every year and I just didn't hear about it? Apparently, children getting exercise in groups at temps below 50 is fatal and and here I had no idea
                      Yeah ski school is very similar to baseball. Kids throwing ski polls back and forth just like a baseball. Using the same ski's is like sharing a baseball bat. One is cold weather, non-team sport that doesn't share the same equipment. The other is a warm weather sport that shares the same equipment. Apples to oranges here.

Send a message out to the parents that you will have practice and it is possible it will be cut short due to weather. Make sure the kids are dressed appropriately for the weather conditions. If you get messages back saying little Johnny will not be there due to the weather, then you can cancel practice. Put the ball in the parents court.

Comment

Comment

Headed back from urgent care. It's 45, sunny and no wind. Beautiful day for some baseball

Comment

Will put hair on there chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm surprised....I know I shouldn't be....with the number of men on this site that thinks a coach should cancel practice because it might be uncomfortable, or even worse, "leave it up to the parents to decide". It's no wonder that high school coaches today face the challenges that they didn't face 25 years ago.

Comment

They're 7-8 year olds. Hard *** pee wee coaches. 😂

Comment

Working...
                                X