1911 Holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1911 Holster

For those of you that carry a 1911 in the field, concealed, or open...what holster are you using? I'm leaning towards the Summer Special 2, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. For the field I like the old reliable Bianchi 19L. Tell me/show me what ya got.

It's been many, many years since I carried a 1911 as a civilian. In the Army, I carried one in the regular, issued flap holster. As a civilian, I really liked the Bianchi Askins Avenger holster. It carried the piece close to the body, and I could carry the 1911 and spare magazines all day long without any problems. Now, my big belly and bad back have me reduced to carrying lightweight (Air Weight) S&W J-frame .38 Special revolvers.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I care an officers model. For IWB I use a crossbred and really like it.
      OWB I use the black ops paddle holster. Works well and carries well. On the black ops I had to make it shorter cause it was designed for the full size 1911. With the shorter barrel I wanted to be as Concealed as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

D. M. Bullard Dual Carry

Comment

I bought a 1911 for carry not to long ago, but didn't understand that it needed to be cocked to fire quickly. I thought I would be able to just pull the hammer back and fire at moments notice. Something about carrying around a cocked pistol is a little uneasy.

Comment

Kenai chest holder

Buy shells for different guns. 1911 in 10mm is my go to setup afield.

Comment

Bianchi pancake with thumbbreak for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                I bought a 1911 for carry not to long ago, but didn't understand that it needed to be cocked to fire quickly. I thought I would be able to just pull the hammer back and fire at moments notice. Something about carrying around a cocked pistol is a little uneasy.
                If you every carried a strike fire pistol with a round in the chamber it’s the same thing.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Milt Sparks holsters.

I have a Summer Special 2 for my 1911 and have had it for quite a while. Great quality and very comfortable. If you order from Milt Sparks there's a long wait, but Brownells stock Summer Special 2's for 1911's and Glocks.

I have a Summer Special 2 for my Shield and it's great for that too.

Comment

I carry a commander sizee in a alien gear holster and love it.

Comment

These are my main two. My Dad made them for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Tucker Gun Leather. Their HF2 holster is awesome. I use it for concealed carry and open carry.

Comment

1911 Holster

The JM4tactical has been by far THE most comfortable holster period. I’ve tried several and it would be hard to believe there’s another more comfortable. Full sized 1911.
                          I also use JM4TACTICAL for my other hand guns now.
                          This Galco holster is not a bad choice.
                          Both holsters are IWB.
                          Last edited by psicoo; 02-12-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Galco

Comment

Just ordered two of the Alien Gear holsters...one an IWB for the 1911 and the other an OWB for the Sig. Two of the things that sold me were
                              1. They can be swapped over for use with either gun by removing four screws
                              2. They offer a free swap-out of shells if you ever change guns

Not to mention the price is right!!

Comment

Working...
                              X