X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following for results

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
      Spoke with her long enough to know that she doesn't have parasites (she meaning the calf) but that she is younger than we were told then she had to go because the vet was coming back. I'll get the rest of the story shortly
      Heard anything yet?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

First off thanks for everyone's help.

The vet said we were doing everything right and to stay on that track except for a couple of tweeks.
        He had a different antibiotic he wanted her on and then banamine tomorrow so she gets up and moving.
        He said she should have been on her mother longer and that she was real young and they stress easy at that young age. He also said he had an infection and that's the reason for the blood in the stool but the earlier diarrhea didn't help matters.
        He said with it all coupled together it's too much for a young one to battle for food.
        He was happy to see here alert and paying attention to her surroundings and chewing her cud which he said was all good signs.

She stays down a lot but when she's up she gets after the food pretty good.

She also was clear of parasites so good news there.

Comment

Good.

Comment

Great news! Sounds like the same thing my calf had. Only took him a couple days to bounce back with his activity anda couple weeks to put his weight back on. I started him back slowly on food, and gradually increased it back over a couple weeks. Hopefully she'll make a full recovery.

Comment

Sounds like you got it under control
              Good job

Comment

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
                That manure looks like blood in it, possibly coccidiosis
                Prob should visit a veterinarian pretty quick
                First thing I thought.
                No specific diagnosis from the doc?

Comment

Coccidiosis was just about what I had narrowed mine down to using the Google vet. Everything said coccidiosis. Vet said ours was an infection causing the diarrhea. Ours also had traces of blood. That's the reason I didn't say the "C" word, I didn't want him stressing like I was. Google had me convinced I was probably gonna loose my calf, or go broke saving him.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                    Coccidiosis was just about what I had narrowed mine down to using the Google vet. Everything said coccidiosis. Vet said ours was an infection causing the diarrhea. Ours also had traces of blood. That's the reason I didn't say the "C" word, I didn't want him stressing like I was. Google had me convinced I was probably gonna loose my calf, or go broke saving him.

I looked up stuff on google and it was like web md for cows. She had everything!!!
                    Pretty sure I finally diagnosed it from the web as bovine hepcebolahiv virus, jeez it did more bad than good looking at that.
                    She up moving better tonight and hitting the creep feed good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                      First thing I thought.
                      No specific diagnosis from the doc?

Not really a specific, just and infection and he assumed by the green nose a respiratory infection. He said that was common in young calves when they have been moved

Comment

I think I would hit her with some probias a week or so after you're done giving the shots.

Comment

How's it doing​? Is it up and walking? Are the joints swollen?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                            How's it doing​? Is it up and walking? Are the joints swollen?
                            No swollen joints and when she gets up shes up for a while. She does struggle getting up because shes weak though. She's not too weak to give you a little head butt and try to push you if you handle her too much. That attitude we see will get her a run to the sale when she bigger cause we can't have that around the kids but at this point I'm thinking it's because of the handling so it's tolerated. (actually good to see given her condition)
                            Although last night when we fed the others she got up pretty quick.

I'm hoping today is the day we see the big turn

Comment

She's not so easy that move today, she kind of doing what she wants and trotting away from me. So those are good signs she's getting her strength back.
                              Eating good too

Comment

Well, good.
                                I worked on a ranch right out of high school, and we had about a 300-pound calf get down sick with coccidiosis. She was severely dehydrated and wouldn't eat. Her joints got where they were stiff and her front legs wouldn't straighten out. Me and another fellow more or less did intensive care and physical therapy on her until she was back up standing and eating & drinking on her own. The ranch manager gave her to us so we took her to the auction barn and split the check on her.

Comment

Working...
                                X