What do you use to oil your firearms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you use to oil your firearms?

Cleaning up a handgun for a friend that didn't get oiled good before being put up. Trying to remove some light surface freckles. Got me to wondering what y'all do?

I pretty much spray paint mine with Rem Oil and then wipe them down for storage. I have heard of CLP, WD-40 and even ATF. Just wondering what the Green Screen brain trust recommends?

I use Hoppe's #9

Comment

I clean them with rem oil before storing. Before shooting I oil all the working parts with mobil 1 synthetic. Works great especially for gas guns.

Comment

never WD-40. It is not a protectant. I've since used only RemOil or silicon wipes. Inside shotgun shell tubes and under forearm covers, I prefer some type of gun grease, I believe Gun Slick made this stuff I have. Its very thick and will not allow water to rust things up underneath, at least till you can get it home and open it up to dry.

Comment

Hemp oil

Comment

Oil is oil

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              Hemp oil
              With a touch of bacon grease

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                With a touch of bacon grease
                Bacon grease on a gun! I might put them back in the safe when I am done if it smells like breakfast!

Comment

Mobil 1

Comment

3 in One, Lube One, GunSlick, RemOil, Hoppes, Tap Magic, Shooter's Choice and others. It depends on what's handy at the time and purpose.

Comment

Old gun smith showed me Marvel Mystery oil 40 years ago. Still using it...........

Comment

Comment

Ballistol

Comment

Rem Oil or Hoppe's

Comment

my uncle once told me he uses singer sewing machine oil. I may give it a shot next time I need to resupply

Comment

Working...
                              X