Welding jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
    Being a plate test, this would certify you for AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code. If you would want to get your own certification, it would cost you about $500 per welding procedure you tested to.

A pipe test like I described earlier, if I have to supply the materials you're looking at $1,500 - $2,000 for API 1104 only. If ANSI B 31.1 is thown in the mix, add another $1,000
    daannng.

Comment

Being a plate test, this would certify you for AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code. If you would want to get your own certification, it would cost you about $500 per welding procedure you tested to.

A pipe test like I described earlier, if I have to supply the materials you're looking at $1,500 - $2,000 for API 1104 only. If ANSI B 31.1 is thown in the mix, add another $1,000
      Originally posted by expressfish View Post
      daannng.
      This is why you test for the company you will be workin for. Then it doesn't cost you a dime. Besides, papers or no papers, I've never welded for a company that DIDN'T make you test first.

Originally posted by Trap-Daddy View Post
      i would jump on that like a fat girl on a snickers but im stuck here in OK untill august 20th.
      I worked for this outfit years ago when I first broke out. It's a production shop, sweat shop to me, that pays nothing. You can do waaaaay better, money wise that is.
      If you are a single hand welder, I know of a couple jobs here in Tx that are about to kick off. One is in Marble Falls. Not sure on the pay. Depends on what you test on, but you would be lookin at anywhere from 26 to 29 an hr + per diem and 50 hrs a week.

Comment

Yes BUT every pipeline welder I know claims to be a "bead hand". I've NEVER heard one claim to be a "capping hand". A slick cap gets more respect than a bead hand. A lot more practice & talent is required IMO.

The BEST advice I can give you is get that stinger in your hand with your hood down. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!

Good luck!
        Excellent statement Tubby! I hate ugly caps. They are a reflection on the welders ability and the company's reputation. My son can lay down a slick cap but would rather run beads.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
          Excellent statement Tubby! I hate ugly caps. They are a reflection on the welders ability and the company's reputation. My son can lay down a slick cap but would rather run beads.
          Bead hands "usually" get 1-2 extra hours paid per day for running beads.

Running beads is doing nothing but working yourself out of a job. Someone else sets the pace for you. The spacing hand clamps it, butts it up, beats out the hi-low, gets the space, and the welder lights the fire... *******s and elbows! Nothing but shoulder to the holder!

Hot-pass hand will tick off more welders in a heartbeat than you can imagine. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone from the firing line complain when they come up to nothing more than a "smoke ring" left by a hot-pass hand in a hurry trying to keep up with the front end.

On the firing line, the lead hand sets the pace and I guarantee you he's in granny gear!

BUT with all of that being said, most of the time the bead hands get to stay for tie-ins and really sop up the gravy!

Comment

Big iron

Big Iron, buy him a sasparillas

Comment

would really love some work around weatherford too

Comment

PM sent

Comment

gonna go ahead and bump this, looking for a place near weatherford unless its a traveling job like welding shutdowns

Comment

Buddy of mine is hiring skid and pipe welders with own rigs. They are building skids/ coolers for oil platforms.
                    port lavaca on the harbor.... cant get any closer to the coast

Comment

i need a good paying job to help me save money for my own rig as well as feed my other half, keep a roof over our heads and keep fuel in the truck

Comment

Bead hands "usually" get 1-2 extra hours paid per day for running beads.

Running beads is doing nothing but working yourself out of a job. Someone else sets the pace for you. The spacing hand clamps it, butts it up, beats out the hi-low, gets the space, and the welder lights the fire... *******s and elbows! Nothing but shoulder to the holder!

Hot-pass hand will tick off more welders in a heartbeat than you can imagine. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone from the firing line complain when they come up to nothing more than a "smoke ring" left by a hot-pass hand in a hurry trying to keep up with the front end.

On the firing line, the lead hand sets the pace and I guarantee you he's in granny gear!

BUT with all of that being said, most of the time the bead hands get to stay for tie-ins and really sop up the gravy!
                        Trap daddy listen up to Tubby. Everything he (and several others as well) has said is pretty much dead on. I've been burnin about a quarter box of rods a night practicing. My tops are lookin good but coming down the side is way trickier than I ever thought!! Get ya a heavy leather arm guard cause that pipe gets dang HOT. A boot top ain't thick enough!!
                        Maybe I'll see ya on the firing line some day.......either as a safety man or yore brotha in law lol!

Comment

Trap you have a PM

Comment

returned

Comment

Merto and souther welding around Midlothian they work all over

Comment

I used to work at southern I was in the shop. Metro has a bunch of guys out where I work now you here in midilothian

Comment

Working...
                                X