Mobile deer stand build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a little more done this weekend.
    Corners and top of walls got some trim only 2 pieces of trim left but I need to cut the edges of the roof sheets and didn’t feel like doing it today.
    Deer View door installed.

Deer View window in front.

I ordered my door and windows before I started building the trailer so I ordered 36” side windows but that was for a 48” box. Because the trailer was not wide enough for that I had to reduce the size of the box and the side windows will not fit. I have ordered more windows from Deer View and they will be ready later this week. What a great company to deal with, they are making custom width windows of 30” and will have them ready in less than a week.

Comment

OK got my screw up fixed with the windows.

Side windows and rake trim ------- done

Insulation ------- done

Started putting in the paneling, ceiling, one end wall and front wall ---- done

Comment

looks good

Comment

Great looking blind you have there Jerry
          Last edited by thehunted; 06-11-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Deerview just posted your pics on FB

Nice stand

Comment

nice setup

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Nice setup!

Comment

Really nice work!

Comment

very nice

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, this will be the “fanciest” blind I have ever hunted out of. I am over budget but I think I have all the material I need to finish it up, except I am one sheet short on the paneling but I’m two sheets over on insulation so I should be able to take them back and that should cover the cost on the paneling. I got a little more done last night but did not take any pictures.

Up next will be putting up the paneling on the other two walls which I will do tonight “weather permitting” and then painting the inside black. After that, trim around the windows, door, corners and putting down carpet on the floor. Then I will build a shelf that will go under the windows and a small shelf overhead to keep supplies on like bottled water, WD 40, wasp spray, 1# propane bottles for the heater and last but not least T.P. Then it will be back on the outside to finish sealing up around the windows and door, then a coat or two of paint on the siding so this thing will last long enough to (a) I get too old to hunt or (b) the cost of hunting gets so high I have to give it up.

Comment

Interior is finished ------- finally You can tell I am not a trim carpenter

Carpet --------- done

LED light installed

Shelves

Door closer for Deer View door

Comment

Super sharp!! Did you paint the insulation board black? What did you paint it with?

Comment

Now thats nice... you should take orders

Comment

Originally posted by rileydog View Post
                                Super sharp!! Did you paint the insulation board black? What did you paint it with?
                                Thanks

No, I put some super thin plywood like the thickness of paneling up and painted it. I think the foam board would be too slick to hold paint. The paint I used is a water base interior latex house paint and had it mixed flat black from Home Depot.

Comment

Working...
                                X