Navarro mills hogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navarro mills hogs.

Anyone else hunting pigs out there, the west side is tore up with sign.

I want to but need to get permit first.Will probally mail my info in today.

Comment

all you need to hunt it is a public hunting permit right? I looked in my book that i got when i bought my anual permit, but could not fing a unit called navaro mills. Would really like some help.
      Last edited by trykonroye; 01-25-2007, 08:08 AM.

Comment

No on corp of egineer land you have to go to the office at the lake to get the permit.

Comment

Navarro Mills

I have permission to hunt about 400 acres of private land around Navarro Mills. There is a ton of hogs around there, 2 years ago I trapper 389 hogs in 18 days. Whoever on here is planning on hunting the corps land better make sure that you know all rules and boudries. There is forbidden grounds that better not get caught on. If anyone plans on hunting with dogs, be careful because dogs dont know boundries.

Comment

"TRAPPED" sorry I put "trapper" 389 hogs above.

also I have found out that all you need to have is a hunting license, then you can go to the corp office and get a permit to hunt. It is shotgun only so dont go expecting to riffle hunt.

254-578-1431 to office

Comment

Well you can also use archery equiptment, alot of guys on here are strickly bow only. Where are the 400 acres do you have permission to hunt on, I used to hunt for hogs on land owned by machac's, I think it borded right up to the corp land, its hard to tell the borders out there since not all the corp property is fenced. We own farm land west of there and we have hogs move though it at night, even killed some last february, its crazy because there is hardly any cover, its pretty much just plowed dirt, but I guess they still find creek bottoms and grasslands to hide in, they're quite intelligent critters.

Comment

I also know some guys who run traps out around penelope/hubbard which is just west of there and they're constantly catching hogs, similiar results to what bigpigsticker described. I talked to a guy up in dallas this summer while taking my hunter education class and when I told him where I was from the was like "oh you live down in hog country", so our area definitely has a reputation even up in dallas.

Comment

what Machac place where you on bossman? I was just wondering cause all of the Machac brothers are good friends of mine. I deer hunt with some of them and drink beer with all of them. I know that vicory has alot of land "the hog farm" that borders the corps land but i was not aware that any Machac's did it must be tom or freddy, cause i know them rest of them dont. As far as archery equip. at navarro mills, well i just assumed that everyone knew that since this is a bow site, i just didnt want anyone to get caught with a rifle out there because that would be real bad.

Comment

There is a pretty good hog population between Malone and Penelope as well.

Comment

We used to hunt with david machac, I think his dad was tom. The place was around twin bridges, the two creeks that feed into navarro. I not sure if it was a place they leased for farming or owned, they might not even have it anymore. They also had a place off the hwy between malone and hubbard you could actually see the hog trap off the hwy.

Comment

yeah David has permission to hunt a lot of peoples land around malone.

Comment

We did some snow goose hunting on a couple of their places down there about three years ago. I'm not sure which one owned it, but the geese absolutely destroyed their wheat. One weekend it was about 3-4 inches tall and we shot a few birds. The next weekend, bare dirt(no kidding) and not a bird to be seen. Sounds like the hogs are pretty thick down there. Is it possible to get permission down there? Or is everthing leased up like everywhere else these days.

Comment

I have recieved my permits and ready to hunt.Where is a good place to start at?I have only hunted there once and that was ducks about 9-10 years ago.

Comment

I would try around the twin bridges area down county road 3320 I was scouting there this last weekend and you can't go anywhere without finding hog tracks its covered up in them. You can't get to any of this area by boat now because the western half of the lake is dry due to the drought.

Comment

Working...
                              X