2017 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
    I took my son to the lease this past weekend for youth season. The hunt lasted 45 minutes. He got his first racked buck and 4th doe!

Made the kiddos drag them out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are doing it right!

Tell your son congrats on the double.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
      I took my son to the lease this past weekend for youth season. The hunt lasted 45 minutes. He got his first racked buck and 4th doe!

Made the kiddos drag them out too.

Congrats to your boy! It's only been four years since I was last eligible for a youth hunt, but man those were the times. Happy day!

Comment

Yes, Congrats to your son.... Nice job...... I remember those days and now they are 21 and 26 and still hunt with the old man. I even have the wife going with me.

Comment

great pics!

Comment

Sticker sighting at the toll booth in Antlers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope everyone has a good weekend, I was out Thursday to Sunday and saw lots of action, does being pushed and bucks slamming heads. Blackpowder hunters always seem to shuffle the deer around near Hugo and we've added a few more to our hit list.Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	24517395
              Had chance at this monster at 40 yards but just couldn't get him to stop in a lane I felt comfortable with. Anyone have better luck with the excellent weather this weekend?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0406.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	24517399

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                Sticker sighting at the toll booth in Antlers

That’s me! Were you in the big Ford pickup? Good to see other members in the area. Wonder which Fair all those 18wheelers we’re going to or coming from? I thought I was in Dallas traffic for minute...

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                  That’s me! Were you in the big Ford pickup? Good to see other members in the area. Wonder which Fair all those 18wheelers we’re going to or coming from? I thought I was in Dallas traffic for minute...
                  Yeah that was me. Them big trucks were blocking traffic!!!!

Comment

Lease member this morning with a muzzleloader.

Comment

A few deer we shot at the McGee Creek WMA muzzle loader hunt. We saw so much chasing and aggression this past weekend. It sure is prime time around that area.

Comment

Full moon and 80 degree temps this weekend. Any ideas? mid day sits?

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
                          Full moon and 80 degree temps this weekend. Any ideas? mid day sits?
                          Hunt all day this time of year. My opinion from now until Thanksgiving any time you can be in the stand is time well spent.

Comment

2017 Pushmataha County Thread

Cold and wet is no way to go through life, unless it’s the rut?

Anyone seeing anything? I had no time this year to do anything and didn’t think I was gonna get to hunt at all, but then my wife told me to get after it for five days, so here I am, freezing my butt off on public land hoping I catch a giant slipping up looking for love. Set up on a post oak flat that’s south of a dry creek bottom. From what I figured out last year most deer bed around thick cedar patches for cover in that creek bottom then travel this oak flat, I don’t know where they go, since there’s a large field behind me with grass as tall as I am, but my thoughts are with this north wind bucks should cruise this flat scent checking those bedding areas. Saw a four point and a busted up tall and wide 8 yesterday and had a yearling fawn walk by this morning. We’ll see what the day holds. If I don’t have much action by noonish I’m moving my stand a hundred yards or so, or I may go get on a north facing ridge and hunt there. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

By the way...you gents that hunt public land, y’all need to invest in some gaiters, rubber boots be ****ed, these things are awesome!

Comment

Good luck! Headed up that way tomorrow for the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X