No announcement yet.

2017 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we usually get our best buck photos where they cross the logging roads. It seems the the only ones who hit the feeders are the hogs. starting to wonder why we attract them. Here are some recent photos. A pretty dang big pig one of our members got the 2nd weekend of bow season as well as a couple bucks, one of them is a shooter, and a shed pile to give you guys an idea of the quality we have on our patch of woods. Im already packed and the smoke pole is sighted in at an inch high at 100 yards. In TX where I hunt we can only use bow so MZ season is a welcome change for me every year. We will be up from this Friday through the following Sunday. According to everything Im seeing here as well as on FB groups the OK rut might actually be starting... the temps should be outstanding compared to the last few years so I'm feeling like we are going to have some good hunts coming up.

same buck

Comment

very slow this weekend but I did see the big boys on camera chasing doe all last week.

Comment

Hey guys I know it’s a shot in the dark but does anyone have any leads on a place for possible lease or know of a lease with spots possibly open in or around Pushmataha or Atoka counties? Hated to post it here but all my other leads have been dead ends. Don’t want to highjack your thread here so if anyone does pls shoot me a pm.

Comment

i saw something in the land and lease section on TX hunting forum yesterday. sounds like its from a broker though and all at 9$ an acre. Kinda high if you ask me for Push county, especially without lodging. check paper company websites like wayerhouser, etc. they have info on their leases. most of us lease paper company land.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
            i saw something in the land and lease section on TX hunting forum yesterday. sounds like its from a broker though and all at 9$ an acre. Kinda high if you ask me for Push county, especially without lodging. check paper company websites like wayerhouser, etc. they have info on their leases. most of us lease paper company land.
            Thanks man. I’ve checked with wayerhouser and didn’t see anything available. I’ve seen the post from the broker you are talking about with several properties and they were all listed at 9 dollars an acre. I’m never leased from a “broker” and just the thought of it kind of scared me lol. Thanks for the info though and if anyone else knows of anything shoot me a pm so I don’t highjack this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TaDow View Post
              Thanks man. I’ve checked with wayerhouser and didn’t see anything available. I’ve seen the post from the broker you are talking about with several properties and they were all listed at 9 dollars an acre. I’m never leased from a “broker” and just the thought of it kind of scared me lol. Thanks for the info though and if anyone else knows of anything shoot me a pm so I don’t highjack this thread.
              This is some of the property we had last year. We walked away from it. I hope he don't lease 1 acre of it. He is going to go up every year until they get to 12$ buyer beware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a trailcam picture from Push county (not mine). Also a picture of a deer shot next door to us.

Comment

daaaang

Comment

Tadaw here s the link https://www.wyrecreation.com/leases

several are available. pricing seems ok also. most of what they have is in Mccurtain county though.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
                      Tadaw here s the link https://www.wyrecreation.com/leases

several are available. pricing seems ok also. most of what they have is in Mccurtain county though.
                      Much appreciated man. Anyone hunt in McCurtain County?

Comment

2017 Pushmataha County Thread

This old doe has been running by herself all year. No fawn this year, no family group, running everything else off the feeder for a month. She busted me on 3 of my hunts on the first 2 days of the season. Finally got up to Push again with her in my sights top of my hit list. The wind yesterday played in my favor and I closed the deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post

This old doe has been running by herself all year. No fawn this year, no family group, running everything else off the feeder for a month. She busted me on 3 of my hunts on the first 2 days of the season. Finally got up to Push again with her in my sights top of my hit list. The wind yesterday played in my favor and I closed the deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Nice shot! Getting on the boss doe is hard. Had one I never could shoot for 2 seasons.

Comment

very nice. i am packed up and ready to go.

Comment

I took my son to the lease this past weekend for youth season. The hunt lasted 45 minutes. He got his first racked buck and 4th doe!

Made the kiddos drag them out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks good stuff right there

Comment

Working...
                                X