Air rifle trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
    I carried several blunt tips with me. One good shot to the rear!!

[ATTACH]805723[/ATTACH]
    Popped a crazy free ranging horse one season with one of these at 40 yards. Mad a huge whack. I know it hurt. Got rid of his *** though haha

Comment

Have you thought about a cheap CO2 bb pistol

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        Have you ever shot one of those at something? CO2 canister will push a pellet quite a bit faster then a normal bb gun and will definitely break skin. Definitely don't go this route. At least not with the first shot from a fresh CO2 canister.

Comment

not the one I have just barely breaks rat skin

Comment

just get a $30 red ryder from walmart.. Has enough sting and is accurate. Should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by ajm2nac View Post
              ...what could i expect to kill with it, and what size/type pellets?
              English Sparrows, European Starlings, Rats, Mice, Rabbits, Squirrels, just to name a few. As for pellets, there are differing opinions, but here's a link to some that are used for hunting...
              Check out these great deals and selection on Hunting Pellets from the leading experts in airguns. Free Shipping Offer too!

Another thing you can do is get a sampler pack and test them through your air rifle. Usually you will find some pellets are more accurate through your particular gun than others. It can help you choose a pellet...

Last edited by Snakelover; 08-11-2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Get a cheap BB gun to get cows away, or a slingshot. Why shoot them with a pellet gun?

Comment

I've HEARD of a dude killing a trapped hog with a pellet gun.....HEARD of course

Comment

big old round bail of hay set away from any set works most of the time.

Comment

Your cows so shoot them if you want

haas0311 has the right idea, cheapo BB gun

Rubber blunt out of a recurve is fine but out of a compound can be bad

Comment

Red Ryder to the rear not a gamo. I kill nutria out to 50 yards with mine. No way I would shoot something like a cow.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                          This is what we use with good results on my lease.

Comment

Originally posted by ajm2nac View Post
                            So, i have a new gamo air rifle, and my plans are using it to discourage cows at my feeders. Upon this plan, i found myself wondering what all could be taken with it. Oviously not a cow, but what could i expect to kill with it, and what size/type pellets?
                            This is what I use to keep cows off my feeders...

AMAZON Store: https://amzn.to/2H7Lq6YPATREON: https://www.patreon.com/iv8888JOIN USCCA LEGAL SELF DEFENSE NETWORK: http://usccapartners.com/IV8888CHECK OUT O...

Comment

land owner finds out I shot his cows with a pellet gun Id be gone in 1 sec. even after 27 years

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                                I've HEARD of a dude killing a trapped hog with a pellet gun.....HEARD of course
                                Lmao! How about a house edit feral cat

Comment

Working...
                                X