Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
    well this is my 4th year to hunt in 5 seasons to put in sir so thats about 80 percent ! sorry for the others not having any luck with it! i acctually dont mind the way it is
    I guess I should add more names to my application, make it a bigger sheet of paper so the “blind” person can grab it easier.

Congrats and best of luck to you guys. I need to have your connection that works at the Vine!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      I guess I should add more names to my application, make it a bigger sheet of paper so the “blind” person can grab it easier.

Congrats and best of luck to you guys. I need to have your connection that works at the Vine!
      We're blessed to have been drawn so many times. It's going to be a great season out there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody dove hunt out there yet and have any luck?

Comment

I did two years ago and only saw a couple birds. Have not tried it since.

Comment

If anyone wants to duck or teAL hunt I've got a mud rig. Here's the catch. U must be able to hunt wed or Thurs am, and know where to go. I've never scouted the hunting areas on gvine.

Comment

Hi Guys and Gals,
              I am a new subscriber here on the forum. I finally got drawn for the Vine after 4 years of applying. Been bow hunting since 1983. I live on the Vine and have been chomping at the bit to get a chance to draw on a deer, hog, or turkey. I look forward to sharing stories and info here with the group. Thanks for the opportunity to join and participate. I will be scouting all week and going out to the archery ranch on 170 for field practice. - godum-

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                If anyone wants to duck or teAL hunt I've got a mud rig. Here's the catch. U must be able to hunt wed or Thurs am, and know where to go. I've never scouted the hunting areas on gvine.

Let's go scout. I have a dog. Thing with teal on a big body of water is they might not be in the same spot they were last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                  Let's go scout. I have a dog. Thing with teal on a big body of water is they might not be in the same spot they were last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  What about the flooded spots from last year? I've been eyeing some of those areas.

Comment

I can go on Wed or Thurs. Those are my days off. I dont mind getting out there if someone wants to go. Shoot me a pm

Comment

Picked up my Golden ticket yesterday! I am super excited at the opportunity to hunt so close to home instead of driving over an hour to LBJ. I have been cat fishing on the east side of 377 lately and have seen a TON of hog tracks. Will be going out soon to do some scouting. Has anybody went out there since they repaired the tracks? Can you cross under the tracks with the new bridge section or do we have to risk getting caught crossing over the railroad tracks?

Comment

I have a 2014 Jackson Big Tuna kayak for sale, great to hunt and fish out of if any duck hunters or fishermen are interested PM me. $1200

Comment

Originally posted by skudbucket View Post
                          Picked up my Golden ticket yesterday! I am super excited at the opportunity to hunt so close to home instead of driving over an hour to LBJ. I have been cat fishing on the east side of 377 lately and have seen a TON of hog tracks. Will be going out soon to do some scouting. Has anybody went out there since they repaired the tracks? Can you cross under the tracks with the new bridge section or do we have to risk getting caught crossing over the railroad tracks?
                          You can go under the tracks. I went last weekend. It's thick as all get out though.

Comment

For you guys going out there if you don't know the area and dont want to be lost. I have a spare gamin rhino 610 handheld GPS w Texas and Colorado topo maps. I've been lost before on public and it's no joke when it's dark or getting dark. Cell phones don't always work. I'm at 200 firm if anyone wants it. Shoot me a pm. This will come in handy if you land a shot and have to track your animal down, then find your way back. Been there done that.

Comment

Did a little scouting this evening.

Denton Creek is a formidable barrier. I may be able to get my Ranger up on its plane and scoot through somebody these tight spots[emoji15]

They were brush hogging when I was out there. Wonder how much more they will do. Beautiful evening.

Comment

So, without crossing Denton Creek or the railroad tracks..... Is there and way to access the area south of Denton Creek and west of 377? I don't want have to worry about my car being where I left it. Is there somewhere to park behind the paintball place to walk in on Cleveland Gibbs?

Comment

Working...
                                X