Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used auto purchase - Did not disclose wreck

Is there any recourse I may have.
    I purchased a used auto from a dealer and they did not disclose it had been wrecked.
    I asked and was told no. I check car fax and nothing was reported.
    They did a decent job on the repair and hiding the frame repair.
    It was purchased as is and no warranty, but the salesman lied about it being wrecked. They also painted the frame with bed liner to hide the damage.

What say you GS.

I don't think you have a leg to stand on, honestly.

It sucks, but I think you're On your own

Comment

yes you do, if they told you it was NOT wrecked, thats deceptive practice, go back to the dealer, and start climbing the ladder..!! Be the squeaky wheel....

If the dealer has a facebook page, be the guy who does a review and rake them across the coals...

dont give up after a day, be diligent, be heard..........

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
        yes you do, if they told you it was NOT wrecked, thats deceptive practice, go back to the dealer, and start climbing the ladder..!! Be the squeaky wheel....

If the dealer has a facebook page, be the guy who does a review and rake them across the coals...

dont give up after a day, be diligent, be heard..........
        this

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post

Only if the Dealership knew about it. Thought carfax had a buyback deal?

Comment

It was bought at one of those small road side dealers not a big lot.
            I'm not too upset as it's a deer lease truck, but would not have paid what I did if he told the truth that it was wrecked.
            The repair is good and frame looks straight, but....

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

For carfax buyback the problem has to have been reported to the DMV and not show up on the carfax report.

Comment

Lemon Law?

Comment

I know someone that bought one from texas auto, he had truck less then a year and decided he wanted a jeep. went to trade it in and they found out it had been totaled. He took it back to texas auto, they said they would not do anything about it until he said his lawyer aready knew about it and he would be calling his lawyer back to let him know texas auto would not correct the problem. They asked my buddy if there was a jeep they had he would be interested in and would swap out with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    This

Would be difficult for you to prove they knew if no paperwork trail

Comment

Who did the repair? Does a dealer have more responsibility than an individual? What if you sold it before you found out you would also claim it hadn't been wrecked. Could the next buyer come back against you? Another reason to have a used car checked out by your TRUSTED mechanic

Comment

I doubt there is much you can do. If it's not on the carfax all the dealer has to do is say they didn't know about and they checked the carfax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                          I doubt there is much you can do. If it's not on the carfax all the dealer has to do is say they didn't know about and they checked the carfax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          This^^^^^^^

Comment

You are stuck with it. This is why a pre purchase check is important.

Comment

Originally posted by JJtomball View Post
                              It was bought at one of those small road side dealers not a big lot.
                              I'm not too upset as it's a deer lease truck, but would not have paid what I did if he told the truth that it was wrecked.
                              The repair is good and frame looks straight, but....
                              They bought it at action probably, did they tote the note for you classic scam by roadside dealers

Comment

Working...
                              X