Opinions on NcSTAR scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on NcSTAR scope

My kids got me a NcSTAR Mark III scope for Father's day. It's definitely a step up because my AR didn't have optics before, but just wondering what the opinion of the green screen is on these scopes. I like the size and magnification, and really like the mil dot reticle. I realize it's a lower priced scope, but I haven't been able to make myself pull the trigger on a higher priced scope for myself. I guess mainly I want to know what I can expect in terms of quality and longevity. Thanks
    D
    Last edited by Coon; 06-18-2017, 07:41 PM.

I don't want to give you honest opinion and I really hope you have better luck than the one I had. It was suppose to be able to handle magnum handguns and it just didn't hold up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On an AR, it will probably be okay. I had one many years ago on a .243 and it would hold zero.

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. I knew it wasn't a top shelf scope, but didn't realize they were so bad that hardly anyone would talk about them. Oh well, I'll see how it works and let y'all know.

Comment

Its been a few years, but...
          I had one on a 10/22. Held zero good for the first magazine...lol. Thats it. First shot on the 2nd magazine the reticle went stupid. Kinda turned sideways, and just rattled around in the tube. Had a similar problem with a cheapo Tasco right after that. I'll never buy either one again.

Comment

I bought a Howa 1500 308 that came with one of those brand scopes (I didn't know it was a combo). I had issues with the gun maintaining zero, so one day I noticed that my elevation turret cover was loose so when I tightened it back down I happened to hear the audible click of the elevation turret. Sure enough for some reason when you tightened up the elevation cover it would impact the elevation turret and make an adjustment. Glass quality was average at best. I ended up swapping it out for a Nikon and haven't had any issues. Just my experience, I hope yours ends up better than mine did.

Comment

Sorry to rain on your parade, they are about as good as a paper weight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the scope/red-dot combo on a suppressed Ruger 10/22. Seems I have to mess with one adjustment or another every time I am at the lease. I have been looking for a mid range scope for this setup but it has been very low priority. I hope you have better luck!

Comment

I've had one that was on a .223 WSSM for a long time and never had an issue. Scope was always spot on and never had to adjust. Still have it and am looking to put on another gun at some point.

Comment

Junk

Comment

I have on on an AR and it works fine. Has the colored reticles and I think 2-6 power.

Comment

Working...
                      X