Processors---location and Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processors---location and Reviews

Thought I would get this going. Last year I used Wesley Head in Goldthwaite. Had Jalapeno Sausage, hamburger, and season steaks. Was very satisfied. Prices were very reasonable and turnaround was quick. Also offers Cold storage for $10.00 a day if he has room. Will be using him from now on. Located on Hwy 84 East just out of town. Phone # 325-451-4158

Penshorns in Marion makes the best venison sausage Ive evrr tasted

Comment

We dropped some stuff off at new praseks in Sealy. I'll have a review shortly. I will say they were adamant about they process your deer and your deer only. I hope the convenience factor don't bite me in the rear.

Comment

Last year around October I started a thread on processors. Maybe it's time to update everything. Thanks for bringing this up.

Please feel free to share your "not so awesome" processor experiences as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Thought I would get this going. Last year I used Wesley Head in Goldthwaite. Had Jalapeno Sausage, hamburger, and season steaks. Was very satisfied. Prices were very reasonable and turnaround was quick. Also offers Cold storage for $10.00 a day if he has room. Will be using him from now on. Located on Hwy 84 East just out of town. Phone # 325-451-4158
          Glad you posted this. I drive right by his place coming and going to the deer lease and have wondered how good it is. Knowing that he offers cold storage is even better. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hudsons in Austin

Kleins in Boerne. They own both. Both are amazing.

Comment

My favorite 2 processors are Eddie Rays in Mcgregor and Hudson's in Austin. Eddie Ray's has the best smoked jap and cheese sausage as well as snack sticks. Hudson's fajita meat and bacon wrapped chopped steaks are awesome.

Comment

I hope to be able to take something to Cherokee Deer Processing in Maydelle. They make the best summer sausage I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Hudsons in Austin

Kleins in Boerne. They own both. Both are amazing.
                  Great Chop steaks!

Comment

I've used Fischer's Meat Market in Muenster Tx several times over the years and they make great sausage.

Comment

Woody's between Fredricksburg and Stonewall. Awesome dried axis sausage sticks.

Comment

I like B&k in bronte. His fajita pre marinade is great.

Comment

Hunters Creek Processing in Liberty Hill. Started going to Cole 2 years ago on a recommendation from a friend and I have been very pleased so far.

4892 N HWY 183 Liberty Hill, TX 78642
                          (512) 778-6008

Comment

Is there anyone good around Graham?

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                              We dropped some stuff off at new praseks in Sealy. I'll have a review shortly. I will say they were adamant about they process your deer and your deer only. I hope the convenience factor don't bite me in the rear.
                              They told me that anything that needs smoked, they send to Hillje and then shipped back to Sealy

Comment

Working...
                              X