No announcement yet.

Muzzle loaders....tell us all you know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never even held a muzzleloader but been thinking about picking one up just to extend my season. The CVA Wolf .50 has really good reviews all over the web and its priced right for my needs. You may check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
      I've never even held a muzzleloader but been thinking about picking one up just to extend my season. The CVA Wolf .50 has really good reviews all over the web and its priced right for my needs. You may check it out.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cva-...dCatid=1589295
      The CVA wolf is cheaper at Cabelas. I believe its 199.99 in Waco. I only know because I have been looking at it. I figured it would be a great start for me.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        I've never shot one. Never owned one. Nothing. I want to put in for some rut hunts with one out west and use it here to get the extra days haha. I want one that's pretty accurate and can shoot as close to a normal rifle as possible. I'd say budget is $1000 or less. Must have open sights for those stupid states that won't let you use a scope lol
        Buy stainless for easy cleaning.
        Buy a break over barrel, also for easy cleaning.
        Read and follow the instructions for safety.

I have a CVA and like it alot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's my 100yd peep sight shot first 4 shots at 100yds. Two on right are first two, middle is after adjustment. It'll work for me, now if I can just put the snack down on some animals

This is with powerbelts. The parkers were all over the place as well as my TC maxihunters
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
            The CVA wolf is cheaper at Cabelas. I believe its 199.99 in Waco. I only know because I have been looking at it. I figured it would be a great start for me.
            Not just a great start, that rifle is all you need!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my cva acura nitride! 50 cal. I have 4 muzzys two traditional and two inline. Make sure you buy truckloads of cleaning supplies you are going to put many hours cleaning.

Comment

NFA all the things with SilencerCo's new one! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  I know silencerco now is making a suppressed muzzle loader that you don't need a stamp or anything for. Priced at $999 I think is what I saw
                  I saw this the other day also. Looked interesting.

Comment

Hmm. Idk about the whole fire every time you load deal. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Hmm. Idk about the whole fire every time you load deal. Lol
                      Isn't the goal to fire every time you load??

I'm sure you meant clean? Yea it's dirty to shoot muzzleloader. At the range I clean after every 3 shots

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                        Isn't the goal to fire every time you load??

I'm sure you meant clean? Yea it's dirty to shoot muzzleloader. At the range I clean after every 3 shots
                        No I meant fire. Say you hunt 5 days in the mountains. Then what? Lol you gotta be able to quietly unload it

Comment

In my younger days I hunted New Mexico every year and never fired to clear my gun except at the end of the hunt. Put a penny baloon over the muzzle and a new cap every morning. Worked every time. And the baloon will shoot off when you fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            In my younger days I hunted New Mexico every year and never fired to clear my gun except at the end of the hunt. Put a penny baloon over the muzzle and a new cap every morning. Worked every time. And the baloon will shoot off when you fire.
                            Mo betta!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              You can,t go wrong with a t/c .50 caliber.
                              Buckhorn 209 powder and Barnes bullets
                              I have a TC Pro Hunter in 25/06. Can I buy a muzzleloader barrel that will just swap out?

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                                I have a TC Pro Hunter in 25/06. Can I buy a muzzleloader barrel that will just swap out?
                                Yes. I do know that!! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X