Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do in DFW after a 2pm Rangers Game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some other Fort Worth hotels in the areas you want to be...

Holiday Inn Express -

This is not within walking distance to down town Fort Worth, but close.

SpringHill Suites

Very short cab ride to West 7th.

Comment

Staying around 7th street is a great option. Hotels are cheaper and around Montgomery Plaza area there is a lot to do and plenty of restaurants and bars. A good Mexican Restaurant is La Familia's. But the taxi ride to H3 or Joe T's in the stockyard would be well worth it. From 7th street it is a very short ride to Pete's Piano Bar. Only if you doing something stupid like a batcherlorette party do they make you get up on stage. Or unless you get drunk and stupid then your the life of the bar!! Have fun Ft. Worth is a fun place to be. Depending on when you are at the Ranger game, we might be there also.

Comment

txhoghead - we are going to the 2pm game on Saturday 5/26.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          If it was me, I would stay at the Hyatt in the Stockyards. This gives your group great places to eat dinner (H3, Joe T's) and put you walking distance to all the bars and dance halls in the Stockyards with good music (White Elephant, Basement, Thirsty Armadillo, Cadillac's, Billy Bobs).

Since you are mid-20's, I think West 7th St. would also be a great option. I would stay at the Residence Inn Fort Worth. There are a ton of places to eat (Fred's, Tillmans, Fireside, Brownstone) with great bar options (Freds, MML, Rooster, Pour House, Lola's, Bar Louie, Capital Bar).

When you are coming? Fort Worth has some great live music so you could catch a great show at either the Stockyards or West 7th.

We always take cabs from Fort Worth to the Ball Park. It is about $50 with 4 or 5 people in the cab one way. You don't have to pay to park, they drop you off right at front, pick you up right at front (they have tons of cabs waiting after the game). This is a great option so you don't have to worry about driving, parking, and just enjoying the game.
          I second this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
            the clubhouse!

Comment

Joe Nichols will be at Billy Bobs that night, not my favorite but not terrible.

Where on West 7th is there live music? I would like to see if any Texas Country might be going on somewhere else.

Comment

Come on down to Deep Ellum. Hit up the Boiler Room for some great music and cold ones. Corner of Elm Street and Crowdus.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff-fro View Post
                  Joe Nichols will be at Billy Bobs that night, not my favorite but not terrible.

Where on West 7th is there live music? I would like to see if any Texas Country might be going on somewhere else.
                  It is a little far out for most of the music venues to post their lineup that far out but you will have live music at Fred's, Rooster, MML, Capital Bar, Pour House, Lola's, the Grotto just to name a few on 7th St. The Stockyards will be filled with music as well.

Friday night May 25th you have Poo Live Crew (great following and fun band) at Capital Bar. Everything will be posted later on, but there is a ton of good, live music to go around.

Comment

Listen to Heath!

Stockyards is your place, even if you have to take a short cab to a cheaper hotel. The Love Shack is one of my favorite places....

Comment

Sounds like it will be the stockyards. Found a Country Inn & Suites about 3 miles away that has a shuttle to the stockyards. Will be looking forward to seeing what other live music we can find outside of Billy Bobs.

As far as food, what are the recommendations around the stockyards?

Comment

Eat quickly and get out of town before the sun falls and night awakens the credents that come out after dark.

There is an Ale House that makes their own brew and serves great pizza, but I cannot remember the name of it. It is off of I-20.
                        Last edited by Speedgoat; 04-17-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

You could fight traffic, that should take up most of the evening

Comment

Don't waste your time at Billy Bob's ....plenty of other joints around the stockyards with more local talent than Joe Nichols!!!!!

White Elephant
                            Pearls Dancehall
                            Rodeo Exchange

Comment

Originally posted by jeff-fro View Post
                              As far as food, what are the recommendations around the stockyards?
                              $$$$ - Lonesome Dove
                              Steak - H3
                              Mexican - El Asadero, Joe T's (food's okay, patio atmosphere is great)
                              Burger - Love Shack (Can order in the White Elephant)
                              BBQ - Cooper's
                              Chicken Fried Steak - Star Cafe

Billy Bob's is okay if people in your group have never been. You do have a lot of other options for music and bars once you leave BB. Matter of fact I may have to go to BB that night myself with some friends coming in from out of town who want to go because she has never been.

Comment

Thanks Heath and everyone else, you have all been a huge help. A few of the group have never been to Billy Bobs, I'm hoping we can eat something good off your list, spend a couple hours in B.Bobs, then hit up some of the other bars in the area.

Comment

Working...
                                X