Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a ride! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome hunt and congrats. Have a safe trip home.

Comment

Great Bear!
        Thanks so much for the road trip!

Comment

Had a great last day in Alaska! I’m glad things worked out the way they did. Wind expected red to start tomorrow evening and really blow through the weekend. They are thinking the guys who were planning on heading out Friday and the new hunters coming in will need to rearrange travel. Glad I’m getting started towards home in the am!

Had breakfast at 0800 and we hit the water at around 9 am. Got back to the dock at 530 pm with time to clean fish and get ready for dinner. We focused on halibut and I landed the only one. About 40-50 pounds out of 300 feet of water! On a jig! Caught probably 10 lingcod from 10-50+ pounds. I did catch another tiger rockfish and a bunch of black rockfish. No yelloweye today. We took a grill with us and cooked a few rockfish filets on the boat. Dang good. I’m ready to head home, see the family, and coach the kids. I need them more than they need me!!!!

One of my bigger lingcod and my halibut. Too bad we had to release the cod!

Another beauty!

Fresh fish tacos for dinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good L-I-V-I-N Doc. Well done and safe travels... thanks for sharing.

Comment

Sorry, here are the tacos turned correctly!

And dessert!

Comment

Thanks for taking us along, Doc, these trips make my day. Get back and watch Jr. hit a bunch of homers with Little Doc!

Comment

Safe travels!! Awesome trip

Comment

great bear and even better write up!
                    thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Please don’t forget the story of my little rock! I try to find meaning and lessons in life. After my unsuccessful brown bear hunt in 2015 I vowed to return to Alaska again and hunt the big bears again. My life is now markedly different! I took this small stone from the Togiak and kept it at home until this return mission. Well now the trip is complete. I sat on the small inlet behind cabin number 3 and had a nice talk with God about where I have been, my recent struggles, and my lack of patience with the bow. I found my rock a nice resting place just above the water where sunrise in the east will shine on it as well as the sunset in the west. Maybe one day I will be back to hunt or fish this special place and will again pray at that waters edge. If not, I hope that God continues to give me guidance and strength and blessings I don’t deserve.

My rock’s special place.

View to the east.

View for sunset.

Comment

Very cool, from start to finish. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats Doc! Great end to a trip of a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Please don’t forget the story of my little rock! I try to find meaning and lessons in life. After my unsuccessful brown bear hunt in 2015 I vowed to return to Alaska again and hunt the big bears again. My life is now markedly different! I took this small stone from the Togiak and kept it at home until this return mission. Well now the trip is complete. I sat on the small inlet behind cabin number 3 and had a nice talk with God about where I have been, my recent struggles, and my lack of patience with the bow. I found my rock a nice resting place just above the water where sunrise in the east will shine on it as well as the sunset in the west. Maybe one day I will be back to hunt or fish this special place and will again pray at that waters edge. If not, I hope that God continues to give me guidance and strength and blessings I don’t deserve.

My rock’s special place.

View to the east.

View for sunset.

Was waiting for this part of the story. Congrats on your bear, all them fish, and the lasting memories you've created.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Doc and a heck of a trip! I do the same with Rocks from my special places. Very cool! It's amazing what a good woman and kid(s) can do to a man!

Safe Travels home and looking forward to your next adventure!

Comment

Great thread as usual but your last post is hands down one the best post I've read in a long time

Comment

Working...
                                X