Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many questionable deaths in your neighborhood is too many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
    That area along Faulkey Gully was settled by freed slaves after the Civil War and known as "The Bottoms". The only thing left of the settlement was the cemetery that was still there in the early 70's. Developers probably built on top of it.
    Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
    Are you f with me?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
    Not trying to screw with you...I grew up just a few miles East of there. Not sure exactly where that cemetery was in relation to what's there now, but it was close. Probably all just coincidence about the murders and suicides.

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbf16
    If you believe that an area can have "bad ju ju", I think you would also believe that this could be a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I once read that most people die in their homes or within 5 miles of it.

That's why I moved. Can't be too careful these days.
      lol I was waiting for you to chime in on this one.

Comment

I will start by saying that we live in a higher end gated neighborhood. Some of you live very close. In the last 4 years we have had a double homicide, followed by a neighbor dying at night with no clear cause (36 yo) and today two dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning - evidently from a running car in the garage. My wife is ready to move thinking this place has bad ju ju. I am actually feeling she may be right. We lived in an adjacent neighborhood for 8 years, no crazy stuff going on. I have to think our little gated section is ranking off the charts at this point. Any crazy stuff in y'alls hoods like this?

The hoa is dumb. It's being worked as first reported
        18 year old stabbed in the shower. Neighbor was alerted and shot perp as he was exiting home.

I was on that one.

There is no need to move. I also know the family who owned all the land your hood and the school was on. They owned it for a long time. Never a mention about a cemetery

Pm me if you want

Comment

One. The answer is one. That's way too many. I don't even like a death that isn't questionable.

Hell I don't even like that room in a funeral home that has all them caskets in it. Death is a no go for me. You need to move ASAP.

Comment

Stay positive, maybe it’s not the neighborhood itself. Maybe it’s a serial killer targeting residents of the neighborhood. Feel better?

Comment

I will start by saying that we live in a higher end gated neighborhood. Some of you live very close. In the last 4 years we have had a double homicide, followed by a neighbor dying at night with no clear cause (36 yo) and today two dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning - evidently from a running car in the garage. My wife is ready to move thinking this place has bad ju ju. I am actually feeling she may be right. We lived in an adjacent neighborhood for 8 years, no crazy stuff going on. I have to think our little gated section is ranking off the charts at this point. Any crazy stuff in y'alls hoods like this?

2014 is when oil bottomed out. Could be related to financial troubles given you live in a high end neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Any of them have connections to the Clintons?
                LOL there reach is overwhelming

Comment

OK...now I'm messing with you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh_W6FLaMvA"]Poltergeist - You only moved the headstones! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

police found two burned bodies in a palm tree farm about 1/4 mile from my office... we put up a couple extra cameras since then

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      I live in Porter where it’s safe. The only thing people are going to die of in this neighborhood is stupidity.

The Nextdoor app lets me know just how stupid people are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Thats funny right there! And totally agreed on the nextdoor app lmao!

Comment

old timers called that lake area "headless woman gully". obv it wasnt named after a real woman.

im jokin' mate but i AM calling bravo sierra on exhaust killing people on two floors of a 4k sft. house.

listen man, if you are a believer, and trust The Lord Jesus as your Savior, pray The Blood of The Lamb over your home, and all who use it. then go to bed and forget it.

if youre not a believer, become one.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          Since it appears that we can take one killer off the table since the methods are changing and the killer was shot dead, we are basically left with paranormal activity or a curse...

So....no, don't sell your house.

Lol
                          No kidding. HIC has a unique definition of a "double homicide." When a bad guy kills someone, and then a good guys kills the bad guy, that's called "justice."

Comment

18 year old stabbed in the shower. Neighbor was alerted and shot perp as he was exiting home.

How is a neighbor alerted to a stabbing that takes inside the house?
                            Last edited by sbushee; 02-11-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                              Might have been doing a little window peeking,saw a struggle from inside and went and got some fire power.lol

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post

Victims little sister saw perp, ran to next door neighbor for help. Next door neighbor confronted suspect, suspect advanced and he was shot. Suspect entered home wearing gloves withbat and knife.

Comment

Working...
                                X