• Show
Clear All

lookin east...
    Attached Files

Comment

lookin south...
      Attached Files

Comment

just thought this arrow pic looked cool...
        Attached Files

Comment

How do you guys in east Tx get those trees to grow sideways like that???

Bisch

Comment

Had some does working in from behind (south) at a little before 5:00, then they headed west to Sand Hill, guess I did decent on scent control. Bout 5:40 kept hearing somethin south of me, up the spring you can see in the "lookin south" pic. It is ULTRA thick in that direction, kept hearing it, finally saw the top of a sapling, through all the thick stuff, whipping back and forth. Think automatically; buck making a rub! Sure nuff, here in a min, I make out this guy working up the creek. Gave him a couple of bars of the "Grunt Tube Promenade", and here he comes, thrashing trees along the way. Once I figured out who he was, (Curly, buck I know), I quit callin to him, and just enjoyed the show. He ended up coming within 15 yds, stared around for the challenger, and moved on. Never gets old!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Pic of Curly in velvet... Named that cuz he has a good up-curl on the end of his beams...
              Attached Files

Comment

Well, it took Curly awhile to work his way out of sight, even with it as thick as it is in here. He just knew he heard another buck dadgummit! Fast forward bout an hour, getting to that magic time we all know, and I hear something from the same direction as earlier with Curly. Finally see what "it" is, big mature buck with some real "freaky" horns. He came in same way as Curly, but when he got almost due west of me along creek, he turned ENE, and walked by me within 12 yds. He was big bodied, heavy-horned, but really messed up. But, COOL!! After he left, I kinda wished I would have shot him, cuz I have a real soft spot for unique horns like that! it was too dark for phone pics, but here are trail cam pics of him at the "Community Scrape Cam". I put a camera on here every year, bout the 3rd week of October, cuz ALL the bucks will end up visiting it at one time or another. My huntin area, and deer, are not very patternable, so my use of cameras is just for "cool pics", and inventory. I don't know how many times I can "pass" this deer wainting on Lopside, cuz trust me, he is waaay more impressive in person!
                Attached Files

Comment

Ill be following....good luck sealing the deal on "ol lopside"!

Clay

Comment

This morn I'm hunting Hardwood Hill, the only spot I have actually laid eyes on Lopside (last year mid Nov.) If I look through the thick stuff, I can see the "Community Scrape", its probably bout 75 yds ENE of me. Nice cool morn, 47*, good morn to be after em! All was quiet until bout 8:15, and I can hear somethin walking through the leaves...
                    Attached Files

Comment

It would be hard to pass that fella
                      Best of luck

Comment

Had a small 8pt, and this nice 8 come right by me at less than 10 yds, and work there way by me headed south, turn west, and cut across swamp. As the crow flies, Hardwood Hill stand is almost due east of Swamp Ladder stand I hunted Friday eve. One is on the west side of swamp, the other on the east side. Swamp Ladder is along spring with a lot of cedar, oaks, and birch trees. Hardwood Hill is on a rise that is almost all oaks and hickory, with some cedar. One of which is a big cedar that the Community Scrape is under. They will have several scrapes under this tree all year, every year.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good luck!!! Keep us posted, he looks a lot like the northeast Texas buck I'm after same right side has always been weak but it caught up lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mine has always had that leaning right side too

Comment

Well guys, that's it for this evening, as you can see, I ain't no Epperson! I will try and do better with pictorials, and being more current So, just try and bear with me. I didn't hunt today, trying to get caught up round the house, but should be back after em tomorrow eve. (Monday) I leave for a trip to Wilbarger County thursday eve, and won't be back till Sunday eve, so maybe I'll have something to post bout that in the 2016 trad harvest! And Bisch, I have to do all the uploading on the home computer, cuz iPad won't do that. When I look at most of the pics on the home computer, they're sideways, but right side up when I view them on the iPad? Anyway, as I said, I'll try and do better! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

One more thing, any of you fellers that ever want to correct any of my "sideways" pics, feel free! Its about to drive me crazy!! Last thing, BCB, that is a hoss! Like those "bent tine tips" on his rt side. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                                Last edited by spidermonkey; 10-23-2016, 09:48 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Working...
                                X