REMCO, Mike and Navy Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
    Because my opinion is a debatable point? That brought a lot to the discussion, not to be rude.

I'm not trying to convince anyone I'm right.. I just have some thoughts about it and that's why I posted.
    What's debatable? If what's being reported is true, they killed a fellow military member with premeditated actions. I have no idea what the military code of justice prescribes as acceptable sentencing. If its the death penalty, so be it. They will have attorney's arguing their case. If found guilty and sentenced to death, so be it. I can't fathom that they should get a pass because they are military members. If it were my son they murdered, if found to be in cold blood to cover up crimes which they benefited from, I can guarantee you that they would face the death penalty one way or the other. No I'm not a bad son of a gun, but my son's death would not go unavenged I can guarantee you. The soldier that was murdered was someone's child who as serving this country. He did not deserve to die at the hands of his fellow service members. You need to get your head checked if you can't understand this.
    Last edited by rockyraider; 11-15-2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the video, Leftridge. I get what you are saying. Almost stopped reading after 20 or so posts. Glad I made it to BPA's comment and your reply.
      These guys put their pants on the same way we do. I'm not familiar enough with the case, but am familiar enough with "our system", to get what you are saying when it comes to the death penalty.

Comment

REMCO, Mike and Navy Seals

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
        What's debatable? If what's being reported is true, they killed a fellow military member with premeditated actions. I have no idea what the military code of justice prescribes as acceptable sentencing. If its the death penalty, so be it. They will have attorney's arguing their case. If found guilty and sentenced to death, so be it. I can't fathom that they should get a pass because they are military members. If it were my son they murdered, if found to be in cold blood to cover up crimes which they benefited from, I can guarantee you that they would face the death penalty one way or the other. No I'm not a bad son of a gun, but my son's death would not go unavenged I can guarantee you. The soldier that was murdered was someone's child who as serving this country. He did not deserve to die at the hands of his fellow service members. You need to get your head checked if you can't understand this.

Well you obviously didn’t take the time to read anything that I wrote. Because there’s not much that you wrote that I didn’t also say and agree with. Never once did I say give the guy a pass.

I feel like I’m having a conversation with my wife when I read what you wrote. You hear what you want to hear instead of what I actually said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Leftridge; 11-15-2017, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Leftridge,

Another thing to consider here that I didn’t see mentioned yet is the extensive and ongoing psyc evals that these guys go through. There are constant evaluations that go on to ensure the stability of our operators that are active. Yes, many service people come out broken, especially those with extensive combat experience, but that doesn’t mean (my opinion) that they don’t know right from wrong. These men are trained extensively to make life and death decisions in a fraction of a second, and they know better than most where to draw the line. War crimes and ROE’s can get very blurry at times, but for a fellow American and Soldier, I cannot fathom ANY excuse that they should not be held fully accountable for a crime they committed if they in fact did. If it was an accident, then you can bet their careers, at least as operators, is over. In this community, you can’t afford mistakes, especially not ones that needlessly take the life of a brother when not in combat. I do understand and appreciate the concern that these men could be broken, over-utilized and hurting, but all in all, I don’t think that they should be given any slack for cold blooded murder if that is what this turns out to be. Many a good patriot has made poor decisions, and we must all be held accountable for our actions. This does in no way detract from their service to our country or their acts of valor, but none of us are above the law nor should we be. Just my .02.

Comment

What if the seals were under orders?

The is still ALOTto come

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
              I am not being argumentative, just sharing a different point of view.

I can say, with a very high degree of confidence, that the men you shared that fire with would see those two lined up against a wall and shot were it decided that they murdered another operator to cover up their own embezzling scheme. (Granted, a Staff Sgt. in the Green Berets is not in the same league as a DEVGRU or Delta operator, but he is an operator in the same sport.)

The continued success of the Special Operations community is wholly predicated on the certain knowledge that the guys on your left and right will, without hesitation, sacrifice their own lives for yours (and the mission, of course). The idea that one would murder another for personal profit is so repugnant to the community that any notion of leniency would be dismissed out of hand.

Selection for operators at the level of DEVGRU (from among the ranks of the other SEAL teams) is specifically for mental and emotional toughness. There are untold thousands of Servicemen who are physically capable of doing what DEVGRU and Delta do. The mental toughness is what sets them apart. Assignment to DEVGRU indicates a well above-average capacity to weather very violent and intimate combat actions with minimal (relatively) degradation to one’s psyche.

That’s not to say that it has no effect, but they’re selected for their perceived capacity to do the job and still be themselves. It serves no interests to spend years (and millions of dollars) to train a man to a certain level of competence, to see him irreparably broken on his first deployment.

If these men killed the Staff Sgt. to cover up their embezzling scheme, they likely did so with full mental clarity and malice aforethought. They earned a needle.

If it was an accident, so be it. They’ll have to live with that.

The things that caused your heartstrings to bend for these two are the same ones that will preclude any notion of mercy among their former peers (if the speculation turns out to be true).

Just something to ruminate on...

Of course, if you are opposed to the death penalty in general, I just wasted 2 minutes of both our lives.

In the interest of full disclosure: I am pro-capital punishment and believe that it is, currently, woefully underutilized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always explained DEVGRU guys like they have a switch:
              in combat that switch is in "work" mode
              back home that switch is in "normal" mode
              MOST of them can turn that switch on & off @ will.

It appears sometimes, rarely, that switch breaks & gets stuck somewhere between work & normal. That's when reality becomes a foggy memory.

I think these 2 guys got that switch stuck when they decided to cover their butts. Some SF's guys are cocky & arrogant & carry an untouchable mentality (large majority of them are very humble & down-to-earth). This is a bad situation all the way around. I pray for the family who lost a great man & I pray for the other 2 who's lives are forever changed.

Comment

Working...
              X