Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They are a total joke- Rockwall deer processing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Landers because he is close. They do good work. Another great one is in Terrell. Gorman's is the name. They do everything in house.

oh look...what is that?

Comment

I think I would have paid they a visit before 4 months and got it back, if they still have it.

Comment

We use Cinnamon Creek or Fischer's in Muenster.

Never had a problem.

Comment

Couple of my buddies use Rockwall and never get their meat back in less than four weeks. I used to use Gormans in Terrel. The two or three that I took there I got back in less than a week. Really liked their sausage. I process my own now or I would still be going there.

Comment

Sorry to hear you got the shaft Gary. I’d recommend Kubys....good customer service and great product all the way around. Gorman’s in Terrel did a good job with a deer I took them many years ago but I felt they shorted me on some meat.

Comment

I took mine there too this year as we just had a kid and didn't have the time or energy to do it ourselves this year. It took them 11 weeks, though they said it would take six to eight. Quality of work is sub par, the steaks were not broken down into separate muscles before being cut. If I decide not tho do my own butchering again, I will take it to Kubys in Dallas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I process my own.
                I don't trust folks with my meat. No telling what you get back when you leave a deer with a processor.

Comment

[QUOTE=Wits_End;13315477]Never a problem with ye ole butcher, ive taken numerous hogs in. I always take the meat in right before lunch starts and grab a tasty burger afterwards.[/QUOTE

Their burgers are awesome!!!

Comment

Took a small doe in there the week of Christmas. Got it back in mid Feb. Cost me $180 for steaks and about 20lbs of breakfast sausage that was supposed to be made hot. It isn't even mild in my opinion. They take too long and high prices. Won't go back.

Gormans mixed the ground meat, at least they did years ago. They won't get any more from me.

Kubys is good quality, but high priced imo.

Ye ole butcher shoppe messed up my order.

I'll be going back to Po Boys in Merrit with my next one unless I find someone good closer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Cinnamon Creek does all Rockwall’s Sausage there is not a smoker on site. You get 12 backstrapp filets back. Doesn’t matter how big your deer was. I gave them a deer on December 17th called them two weeks ago. “ Oh we just finished it”. Guys on my lease confronted them about the blackstrap shortage the owners attitude was tough crapp.

Comment

What I don't on my own, I take to Kuby's. On the pricey side but they do quality work and can customize your order.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                          I'll be going back to Po Boys in Merrit with my next one unless I find someone good closer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How’s Steve doing?
                          I used Po Boys for several years but haven’t for 7+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a friend opening a processing place in Decatur. He's an honest good guy. Can't say enough good positive things about him. Hopefully it works out for him on a new business venture. His building is getting built now.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                              What I don't on my own, I take to Kuby's. On the pricey side but they do quality work and can customize your order.
                              I don't use Kuby's anymore, their minimum batch for sausage is 40lbs. If you don't have 40 lbs. of meat where do you think the rest of the meat comes from????

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
                                My buddy and I dropped of 4 deer at Ye Ole Butcher Shop, years ago. Three healthy does and a six-point buck.

Six or seven weeks later, the call us to pick up our meat. We each got two and a half paper grocery bags of "meat". Nowhere near what we gave them.

My buddy complained, and they "found" enough to fill out his half bag.

Never went back.
                                My experience too. A healthy doe and a mature 9 point. I got a bag and 1/4. That included sausage.

Comment

Working...
                                X