This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I'm curious what my fellow Aggies (and anybody else with a legitimate opinion) would expect for the last 5 games? What is the minimum you need to see to continue to feel good about the "direction" of the program? What would you consider yet another "collapse?"
    I think A&M can win out but none of them, except UAB, will be a blowout either way. LSU fits in a different category, they have a ton of confidence and are playing a very similar style of heavy run, field position football with a strong defense to back it up. That will be a strength on strength game that will be interesting to watch and a lot could and probably will change between now and then.

Ultimately 3-2 would be very possible but I think 4-1 is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
      Realistically 3-2.....with losses to MSU and LSU. Either way, we’re winning on the recruiting front, just by having the name Jimbo knocking on the doors.

4-1/5-0 is a huge long shot with Mond at the helm.....still not sold on him improving.
      I semi agree with this. But, you are no different from the rest of them, A trained monkey beating a pot with a wooden spoon. Horns are better than I thought they would be, but without Sam, only winning 2 more games. Aggy is playing better defense under Jimbo, but we shall see, a decent passing offense will expose that secondary. Long ways until recruiting season is over, both schools are fairing very well.
      Last edited by Goodfellah; 10-17-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

There are a lot of knocks on Mond and I was surprised to see he was 25/37 for 350 yds . . Not as bad as I thought . . Just sloppy . .

Comment

I'd say one could argue that Mond is 2nd best qb in the SEC..

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post
            I'd say one could argue that Mond is 2nd best qb in the SEC..
            I saw a tweet this morning that ranked the SEC QB's and it has Mond as the 2nd ranked. Our favorite QB, Touchdown Tommy Wilson from UK was last.

I have no idea who the guy was that ranking them, but a retweet brought it into my feed.

Comment

Yep I agree. I think Mond has played pretty darn good considering the amount of pass rush other teams have put on him. A lot of the ints were on the receivers.

9-3 would be a successful season in my books. 8-4 okay. Improve the red zone efficiency on offense and could possibly make it to at least 9-3. Otherwise, I see the remaining SEC games being close ones that could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                I saw a tweet this morning that ranked the SEC QB's and it has Mond as the 2nd ranked. Our favorite QB, Touchdown Tommy Wilson from UK was last.

I have no idea who the guy was that ranking them, but a retweet brought it into my feed.

Wilson definitely has his struggles on 3rd down passing but I don't think I would put him that low on the list given what his scheme asks him to do.

They only ask him to throw less than 20 times per game on average so by design he isn't going to put up very gaudy numbers to bump up his ratings.

His yards per attempt is 6.22 - Completion is 9.37
                Mond's YPA is 8.41 YPC is 13.63
                Tua is at 14.3 per attempt! and a Ridiculous 20 yards per completion

For comparison

Ehlinger YPA - 7.41, YPC -11.27
                Murray YPA -13.06, YPC 18.37

Comment

I'm curious what my fellow Aggies (and anybody else with a legitimate opinion) would expect for the last 5 games? What is the minimum you need to see to continue to feel good about the "direction" of the program? What would you consider yet another "collapse?"
                  5-0. Errrgame by fiddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post
                    Wilson definitely has his struggles on 3rd down passing but I don't think I would put him that low on the list given what his scheme asks him to do.

They only ask him to throw less than 20 times per game on average so by design he isn't going to put up very gaudy numbers to bump up his ratings.

His yards per attempt is 6.22 - Completion is 9.37

Mond's YPA is 8.41 YPC is 13.63

Tua is at 14.3 per attempt! and a Ridiculous 20 yards per completion

For comparison

Ehlinger YPA - 7.41, YPC -11.27

Murray YPA -13.06, YPC 18.37

I’m going off watching him play and the thoughts of my buddy who is a UK grad.

Stats are great but are skewed by scheme / matchups.

Comment

If both Texas and A&M go 3-2 they would both be great seasons and the recruiting battles will heat up.

What about Tech and TCU?

Texas can win em all. They have already proven they can win the tough, close games......even against a top 10 BLUE BLOOD.

In the discussion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-18-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

The Horns are the only state team that still has a "realistic" shot at the CFP. Of course, I think they will still stumble somewhere along the way, although the schedule sets up favorably with WV and ISU at home. I also don't think they would beat OU in a rematch. I think it will also take help in the form of a loss from ND or Clemson to open a spot.

As for the Ags, BAS reminds us that the Aggies' season really starts next week. A 5-2 record at the bye is probablly where most Ags realistically hoped to be when the season started. With ranked @MSU, @Auburn and LSU remaining (in addition to OM and a cupcake at home), the "success" of this season is still very much up in the air.

I'm officially not an Aggie but am married to one and the Dad of another, we attend many Aggie home games and thoroughly enjoy taking rv to tailgate (will be in poor folk lot c14 for ole miss, swing buy if in the area ) but because I openly pull for the Horns (even while tailgating in Aggie attire) my wife and daughter have deemed that I will never officially be considered an Aggie...

I think 4-1 is very realistic, 5-0 is not out of reach. There will not be a talent deficiency against any of the 5 including LSU. I've been thoroughly impressed with Elko's defense, just have to minimize big plays. That and how well the O can score will determine the last 5, they have moved the ball against everyone sporadically (including Bama) but have not been able to finish drives, that becomes a mental thing that I'm sure Jimbo has overcome in the past.

As an old coach and observer, I would think as long as they play with the tenacity they have and the recruiting continues to be strong, I would be very pleased with the direction of the program.

Comment

5-2 for the Aggies is where we HOPED to be at this point of the season. With Sumlin we would be 4-3 at best and be lucky finish at .500. Jimbo is making a huge difference in his first year and if he can keep his commits together, is putting together a top 5 class for next year.
                          Texas is no doubt improving but needs Ehlinger on the field as he is a much better motivator than the coach. I am not sure that OK can bet Texas in rematch if Texas can get everyone healthy. They did not seem to have an answer for the big, fast wide outs.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            If both Texas and A&M go 3-2 they would both be great seasons and the recruiting battles will heat up.

What about Tech and TCU?

Texas can win em all. They have already proven they can win the tough, ckise games......even against a top 10 BLUE BLOOD.

In the discussion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Agree.

IMO Horns an Ags are both showing this year that if you are a top recruit in the state of Texas, you can go to either of these schools and have a chance to develop, compete at a high level (Horns are somewhat hampered by the b12 imo) and be in the hunt for the playoffs. I have not felt that way about either of them in several years, I really hate it when our best talent leaves the state.

I really hope OU loses a couple, I do not want Horns to have to play them again, hard to beat a good team twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              I’d be happy with a 3-2 finish in these last 5. I think we can go 4-1 and that would be a huge for the program. Fisher would be well above the target in year one. But we can’t go 4-1 without beating Miss St next week. Until further notice I don’t think we are ready to beat L$U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I also believe that MSU is the swing game between 4-1 and 3-2. The defense is going to have to step up big time, as they have been for the most part, and Jimbo is going to have to convince Mond to play like every play like he's down 3 with a minute left. The young man only seems to get hot when the pressure is on.

My hopes in the preseason were that this might be the year to pull off a W on Thanksgiving weekend, not looking so good as Coach O seems to have put things together pretty well over there in BR.

Comment

Kentucky ran all over MSU. Y'all got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X