Froggin and jiggin on the Guadalupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froggin and jiggin on the Guadalupe

I been wanting a kayak for awhile and looked at all kinds. I hated to spend a bunch of money on one and ended up not liking it. So, when Academy had 20% off kayaks I bought one.

I am still figuring everything out, this was my 4th trip out. I fished 3 miles of the river according to GPS. I like to use a frog on the lillies and jig up in the timber. I did not catch nothing worth taking a picture of, but I sure can get up in the timber with a kayak. I did figure out that to keep your scupper plugs in on the water, dang water snake head came up thru the scupper hole by my feet.

Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:54 PM.

[ATTACH]908726[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]908727[/ATTACH]

Comment

I could not figure out why this feller was not moving and thought he was hung up. Then I got close enough

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        I could not figure out why this feller was not moving and thought he was hung up. Then I got close enough

[ATTACH]908728[/ATTACH]
        lmao

Fooled me for a second too!!

Comment

I fish the Guadalupe below canyon lake dam often. Just got my first yak and plan on doing a lot more. Hit me up if you ever want to fish together.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
            I fish the Guadalupe below canyon lake dam often. Just got my first yak and plan on doing a lot more. Hit me up if you ever want to fish together.
            Sure, I been putting in near Belmont. Not a lot of jet ski or pleasure boating going on in this area. I went to Meadow Lake the other day, but the lady said I needed to pay 30.00 to put in a kayak. I drove on down to Belmont then.

I send you a PM with my contact info.

On a side note, the GBRA is supposed to lower the lake levels below Canyon Lake and do maintenance to all the dams. Someone said 2ft lower. I guess when Lake Wood dam broke, the GBRA started looking at the dams.
            They had refused to fix the dam at Lake Wood and it sounds like the state got involved and are making them.

Comment

This is the biggest fish I have caught so far in my Kayak. She pulled me around for few seconds, till I got her in the net. Still a learning curve for me.

Comment

Looks like prime country for bass! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  [ATTACH]911338[/ATTACH]

This is the biggest fish I have caught so far in my Kayak. She pulled me around for few seconds, till I got her in the net. Still a learning curve for me.
                  That’s fun right there I don’t care who ya are

Comment

For some reason my dexlesia read the title as "Frog Gigg-n on the Guadalupe" . The part about the snake made me laugh a bit too.

Nice lil bass.

Comment

Lake Placid---below McQueeney under I-10 area is down. We had dinner yesterday at a restaurant on the river in Seguin and water was barely coming over the power plant dam.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                        Lake Placid---below McQueeney under I-10 area is down. We had dinner yesterday at a restaurant on the river in Seguin and water was barely coming over the power plant dam.
                        Yes sir, GBRA is supposed to drop levels on all hydro lakes to work on the dams. I used to go to meadowlake but the campground charges 10.00 to launch a kayak plus they want a membership fee for a year.

Comment

Very nice Radar! Something I'd love to start doing again but all a kayak would be to me is a submarine until I catch the ketosis..

Comment

Those river bass seem to fight extra hard. Glad you got to catch some out of your new kayak. We had a trip scheduled to float the upper Guadalupe but there just isn't enough water this year. That river is built for fly rod bass fishing.

Comment

The snake by your feet could have been a good pic
                              But most of us might have jumped out if that happened to us, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X