No announcement yet.

Hunting the arctic blast??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna go back out in a few hours. I am in San Saba and it is pretty chilly. I hope I can make it back South tomorrow.

Comment

Image 20171231 080129 in Bentman's images album

Comment

The wind out of the north was pretty rough. Deer movement was slow, saw a couple doe. It wouldn't of been so bad if it wasn't for the wind.

Comment

Deer that are not used to this cold last are not going to move very well. They are just like us try to stay warm and move very little. In Sonora I have learned North wind no deer South wind deer move very well.

Comment

Didn't want to leave the house with teens weather coming up. Went out on the hill behind the house yesterday to a tree line that is a pretty good funnel. Hunting in the snow on the ground; always fun. Nothing moving tho.

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
              awesome! I should of went duck hunting instead, saw a lot of wood ducks where i was

Comment

Headed to rockwood In the morning - hoping the ponds don’t freeze !

Comment

Son in law just came through, been hunting last 2 days near commerce, didn't see anything. Bright moon to go with bitter cold. I never have done well with real cold and windy myself. He has a new neighbor hunting adjacent property that hasn't been hunted in the past. I never got on with him due to low deer density anyway. Just about talked him into looking for a place with more deer. I have been unable to hunt the last 2 yrs anyway, but ready to hunt next season if my health holds out.

Comment

They are hungry in the cold here.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Son shot one last night at 530p. We drug him back to camp it was 20 degrees and frozen rain. It was 18 this am.

Comment

Working...
                      X