No announcement yet.

Time to get serious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was ugly but I ended with a good group so . . .

Gary

Comment

Every time I feel it's time to push it and start practicing further out it seems like I have to work harder at it. Stepping back to twenty yards was tough as it seemed I couldn't find a consistent hold. And then when I would cave, move in and shoot twelve to fifteen I was struggling there as well. However I have settled in some and seeing consistent improvement and it's tightened my shorter range groups as well. Maybe someday I will be able to shoot to thirty, on targets at least, and watch the arrow in flight longer. It's a beautiful thing to see.

Gary

Comment

You really need to take baby steps back. Don't just go 5 yards and keep trying there. You miss and your brain starts getting confused. Gotta keep going back to your happy spot to keep your brain happy.

This is why the walkback game is useful, you start in your happy place and slowly work back. If you fail, you don't keep suffering, you start over.

Last year 12 yards was my good spot. This year it is 15. Been working on it and 18 is getting more consistent.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I see your point. I do "walk back". I just walk 5 yards before I get tired and stop to shoot.

Gary

Comment

I'm at 3Fingersbowhunting at the invite of my friend Ben. Looking for some smaller pigs but all I have so far are 3 fallow bucks.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170127_174525.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	24482067

Gary

Comment

Hmm. No pigs

Gary

Comment

I've been to 3FB, really good people, owner and guides!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. This weekend is about ducks but I wanted to sneak in a pig sit.

Gary

Comment

Sitting in the "Zoo" stand at 3 fingers. Critters already here.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170128_165336.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	24482138

Name:	20170128_165446.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	24482139

Gary

Comment

Wow, stand is named appropriately

Comment

Man that big white sheep/goat/whatever it is in the left of the top pic is turned just about perfect to slip an arrow in there!!!

Comment

Yes, it is. Only saw one pig and it didn't come in. Too big to shoot anyhow. Lots of action though.

Gary

Comment

Last duck hunt for the year here with friends at 3Fingers Bowhunting. Excellent morning.

Name:	IMG_6070.jpg
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	24482194

Gary

Comment

Man y'all did good!! Congrats on a big pile of birds.

Comment

It was fun. After I dropped my limit I just worked with my dog. It was a little hard for her at first as she has only hunted alone til thus weekend but with some help from Baker we got her working good with the other two and it was fun to watch them.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X