needing something a little better than me $20 eddie bauers

I sure like my Brunton’s that a bunch of us on here got on clearance

Comment

How much you want to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
        I sure like my Brunton’s that a bunch of us on here got on clearance
        That's no lie!!!!

I have Bruntons, Leopolds and Vortex. All COST me in the 3-400 range. The Bruntons had a much higher MSRP and perform that way.

What's your budget?

Comment

not a huge budget. around $250. I am looking at the vortex diamond backs and the Leupold bx-2 Acadia right now right. both in a 10X42

Comment

Shop Vortex Diamondback 10x42mm Binoculars | 4.9 Star Rating on 67 Reviews for Vortex Diamondback 10x42mm Binoculars + Free Shipping over $49.

10x 50 would be better
            also euro optics is having a sale if you buy a conquest you get a free pair of zeiss binos
            Last edited by dphillips62; 12-01-2017, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Nikon has some good glass in that price rangehttp://www.cabelas.com/product/Nikon...7.uts?slotId=1

Comment

Not to hijack but this question brings up the major difference in binos when checking them in a store that is well lighted. It makes me chuckle when i over hear people talk about how the cheaper binos are just as clear as the higher end ones when looking through them in a store because these surroundings are not indicative of the ones you'll be using them in and the performance needed. The clarity of many lower price binos is great now days and comparable to many higher priced options but low light conditions is were spending the extra money makes a huge difference. In low light conditions most of the budget type binos are lacking in the ability to gather enough light to give a clear image.

Comment

for $250 I would buy these for sale on here

Comment

I was looking for some budget glass the other day. I ended up buying some Redfield revolt 10 x 42 At Academy on Black Friday for $59. Theyre regularly $99, but they looked better to me than anything else I put up to my eyes. With a lifetime warranty.
                    My opinion, for under $100, they are very impressive if you want something real" budgety"

Edit : for hardware, The ones I mentioned gather light very well. As well as top-of-the-line? Of course not. But great for the money, and definitely sufficient for my needs.
                    Last edited by JLivi1224; 12-01-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

10x50 will have better light gathering capabilities.

Comment

I have a set of these i use instead of binos been using them for about 5 years now they have the clearest glass and will range from 15yards out to 2200 even on non shiny objects. I prefer them over binos since they are smaller and serve 2 purposes
                        Last edited by dphillips62; 12-01-2017, 08:51 AM. Reason: forgot to add link

Comment

On the lower end optics there is some advantage to larger objectives to compensate for the lower quality glass but you will pay a penalty in size & weight.

In the price range you mentioned all are going to perform very close.

Vortex Diamondback
                          Nikon Monarch 3 or 5
                          Leupold Acadia

IMO you would be better served to search for a higher quality used pair.

And the poster above that mentioned that they all look good in the store is SPOT ON. You cannot judge performance in a well lit store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

between the two I listed, which would you favor? Cabelas has a heck of a deal on both

Comment

You could check Camera Land NY

I bought some Minox from them last year for $270. They’re normally $500+

Also, if you find something you like check out Universal Mania. They have some cheap prices and free shipping.

Comment

Working...
                              X