Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had string/cables replaced-now doesnt go into the valley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had string/cables replaced-now doesnt go into the valley?

I had my string and cables replaced at a local shop (wont say which one), I drew it back a couple of times and just thought it was tight/new string syndrome...

after a a draw or so when I got out to the lease, I realized this thing isn't even getting into the valley.

is this just a cable adjustment? cord for drop away too short? any thoughts/experienced before I bring it back into the shop?

I wouldn't shoot it and take it straight back to shop!

Comment

when I realized this wasn't feeling right I put it back in the case

Comment

The cams need timing. Twist up the cables and it will advance the cams giving it valley. If you were in the Houston area I would be glad to do it for you

Comment

I had that happen once. The bow wasn't even close to factory specs when the shop got done with it. I gave them a chance to fix it but I ended up having to learn how to do it myself.

My cams were out of sync, draw length was an inch longer than I told them to put it and the draw stops weren't anywhere close to where they were supposed to be.

Comment

appreciate the offer cmh. I wasn't sure if the draw stop or the cables were the culprit

Comment

Did you pay them to set it and tune or just swap strings and cables? Could be they charge different depending and only swapped without putting anything back into spec. Also could be wrong lengths. Either way needs to be looked at

Comment

Sounds like it could be wrong string length or they just put it back together and didn't check the specs.

Comment

I've never understood why a bow shop would install new strings and cables and not check the bow specs, at the very east. I understand not tuning it for you, but it should at least be in spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                    I've never understood why a bow shop would install new strings and cables and not check the bow specs, at the very east. I understand not tuning it for you, but it should at least be in spec.
                    This. Anytime I replace cables or string I make at least the minimum measurements on brace height, axle-axle, and mark the cams.

Comment

Sounds like the cables are longer than should be, just needs some twistin up

Comment

What bow?

Comment

Had new strings and cables put on my bow, plus swapped limbs from 70 lbs to 60 lbs peak wt. Got 'er home, BH and FPs shoot to same point of impact. All I had to do was adjust the sights. Think I'll buy my bow guy a beer!

Comment

2011 Bowtech Assassin

Comment

The Assassin Is quite possibly The best, simplest bow ever put on the market.
                              A2A, brace, and poundage, with draw-stop in the correct position, is pretty simple.
                              Something is amiss.

Comment

Working...
                              X