No announcement yet.

.220 swift out penetrates the .270 & 30-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone that would hunt dangerous game with a 220 swift or like calibers in my oppinion is not right in the head and is going to end up at the bottom of the food chain.

Comment

Lets compare apples to apples, not grapes to watermelons. Plus theres reloading to be factored in also.

Comment

Well, penetration on a steel target has nothing to do with being deadly on deer.

I shoot a 257 WBY exclusively and I am pretty sure it is the most devestating deer cartridge ever produced. I have also shot the 220 plenty and it is a great round but, it doesn't hold a candle to the 257 WBY for deer sized animals.

Comment

Originally posted by qzilla View Post
          Well, penetration on a steel target has nothing to do with being deadly on deer.

I shoot a 257 WBY exclusively and I am pretty sure it is the most devestating deer cartridge ever produced. I have also shot the 220 plenty and it is a great round but, it doesn't hold a candle to the 257 WBY for deer sized animals.
          Preach on, Brother

Roy Weatherby's favorite caliber, and he had his choices of them all...

Comment

Originally posted by qzilla View Post

Roy's first and favorite round too!!

Comment

I have had much better success on deer/antelope with the .220 over the .257 wby.

Comment

A BB will penetrate further than a .300 Win Mag if you put enough air behind it, that don't make it a good elk caliber, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Why don't you just make this your signature since it's the ending statement to every story you tell? Save yourself some time.
                  Good suggestion Daisy Duke! I might just do that!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                    Good suggestion Daisy Duke!!
                    HA-HA!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      I have had much better success on deer/antelope with the .220 over the .257 wby.
                      Im at 100% with over 40 animals w/a 257 weatherby mag. ranging from 6lbs to 600lbs. All single shots.
                      how much better success have you had w/your 220 swift?

Comment

If youre not shooting a 6x45, you just need to put all your guns away and give them to me, because you dont know squat!

Ok i can't back that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                          Im at 100% with over 40 animals w/a 257 weatherby mag. ranging from 6lbs to 600lbs. All single shots.
                          how much better success have you had w/your 220 swift?
                          My dog can beat up your dog!

Same rate of success but I have 41 animals including 3 ricochet shots and 3 using a mirror!

Comment

"Most deadly" I call BS! It may perform better on armor plates, but for taking deer with an ethical shot there is no way it will out perform the larger rounds.

Comment

Same rate but 43 animals, and one was when i just threw the rifle at it.

Comment

Anyone that would hunt dangerous game with a 220 swift or like calibers in my oppinion is not right in the head and is going to end up at the bottom of the food chain.
                                Hey Flint doesn't this remind you of some of the caliber debates on THR?

Comment

Working...
                                X