Buying more land. What to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying more land. What to do.

I have 20 acres now. The land on the right of me is another 20 acres. No one goes out there. Been 8 seasons now. The lady was welling to sell a few years ago. But one out five kids said no. Hoping now she will sell. It has power an a small shed. A neighbor told me she could be ready now.
    Then on the left of me is a 35 acre track. That I just found out the new owner maybe wanting to sell. It has a well an power. Also a pretty nice trailer , an sheds. One day I want to own all the tracks on my side of the road. I’m just trying to figure out which one to go after. The 20 acres that I think I can get soon. Or the 35 acres that’s a maybe.

So the question is what would y’all do? Sorry for the long read.

Buy both.. It's only money

Comment

I hope too. But I can buy one now. Then in a few years be able to buy more if able. I have a baby on the way in may. So I’m trying to have it done before that.

Comment

I’d buy the 35 acres as it is more land. If the others have not been out there for 8 seasons then a good chance you can get that one at a later time. You won’t have to worry about them going out and hunting it. If someone else bought the 35 acres then there is a good chance it will be hunted by the next owner.

Comment

It it all

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
            I’d buy the 35 acres as it is more land. If the others have not been out there for 8 seasons then a good chance you can get that one at a later time. You won’t have to worry about them going out and hunting it. If someone else bought the 35 acres then there is a good chance it will be hunted by the next owner.
            This if you can't get both. If they aren't sure & the 20 is available ,snag it & start saving for the 35.

Comment

Both

Comment

It is not getting any cheaper

Comment

That’s true. What I bought my 20arces for almost 8 years ago. It’s has gone up a fair amount.

Comment

Buy both first chance you get. If one sells you may never get another chance to own both

Comment

Buy before it's cut up into 5-10 acre lots and you have a half dozen new neighbors

Comment

Maybe you could get one or both to owner finance at a fair market rate with minimal down. Like everyone else said, get as much as you can. Especially if it’s contiguous. Good luck

Comment

I’d snag the 35 if it’s actually for sale, good chance the 20 will be willing to sell but may not actually go “on the market”. Then you can snag the 20 when your ready

Comment

I'm up to buy anything that touches my land, even if I have to pay a premium for it.

Buy whatever you can, whenever it comes up, or you'll be kicking yourself later.

Comment

The 35 is bigger and has a well. Are they both facing a road? How are they configured? Is one long and narrow? Does one have more oaks or plantable land than the other? Is one rocky while the other is bottomland? How are the fence and roads on each? Good shape or need work. Subject to the above, buy the one you can get the best deal on and lease the other until you can buy it.

If you think you can afford the second one within a couple of years, buy an option on it to tie it up until your ready. Or have someone purchase it with an option to you for 5 years. There are so many ways to work a deal. Think outside the box. Good luck.
                              Last edited by jnd1959; 10-14-2018, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X