Comment

Good luck Phillip. Post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck tomorrow Phillip!

Comment

Good luck Phillip!!

Comment

Well, no bear for me again this year. I had a big bear come in on my bait but I never had a decent chance for a shot. I did get partially drawn on him three times, but he moved before I could get to anchor. There were 3 bears killed, 4 hit and not recovered, and 5 missed. Only a couple of people didn't see bears.

I had a great time sharing camp with a great bunch of guys. 16 out of 20 guys were shooting black widows. One of the guys cooked us fresh lobster one night. The custom black widow was won by an ex-marine.

I will go back and hunt with them again.

Comment

The custom black widow was won by an former marine.

I will go back and hunt with them again.[/quote]
                  Fify
                  Sorry you didn't get one Phillip but it sounds like a much different hint than last year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by DRT; 09-03-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    Well, no bear for me again this year. I had a big bear come in on my bait but I never had a decent chance for a shot. I did get partially drawn on him three times, but he moved before I could get to anchor. There were 3 bears killed, 4 hit and not recovered, and 5 missed. Only a couple of people didn't see bears.

I had a great time sharing camp with a great bunch of guys. 16 out of 20 guys were shooting black widows. One of the guys cooked us fresh lobster one night. The custom black widow was won by an ex-marine.

I will go back and hunt with them again.
                    I’m happy you had a good experience. Keep after them!
                    -Eric

Comment

Originally posted by EnW View Post
                      I’m happy you had a good experience. Keep after them!
                      -Eric
                      Eric,

It was a very good experience. On Friday night, about 6:30 the bear came in. He circled around the barrel (55 gal drum), and stopped broad side a couple of times. I started my draw and he moved, not allowing the shot. He then reared up on the barrel, again I started my draw and he dropped down, covering up his vitals. He feinted away from the barrel a couple of times indicating another bear was in the area. From the way he was acting like the other bear was smaller. He then charged away from the bait site.

About 7:00 he came back in. He reared up on the barrel and tipped it over. It fell facing away from me. The bear got on his belly and crawled into the barrel, and backed out dragging a load of donuts with him. He lay on his belly with the point of his shoulder toward me not allowing a shot at his vitals. It would have been a slam dunk with my rifle had I had one with me. He stayed at the bait, eating for about 15 minutes.

It was quite intense, considering I was sitting on the ground behind a screen of brush only 10 yards from the bait barrel. After describing the bear to the guides and giving some references on the size of the bear compared to the barrel they concluded it was a much bigger bear than the one they had on camera coming into that bait.

He came back through the bait site again about 7:30 but did not linger.

I can't wait to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                        It was a very good experience.
                        It would have been a slam dunk with my rifle had I had one with me.
                        I can't wait to do it again.
                        Thanks for sharing the experience Phillip. That is thrilling for sure and I probably would not go without a firearm! Keep going after them as long as the good Lord will allow you!
                        See you in April,
                        Eric

Comment

Glad you had fun Phillip. That IS exciting sitting on the ground that close to a bear!

Comment

Ground level at 10 yards with only a pointed stick!

Comment

Sounds like a rush. How bad were the bugs? Better luck next hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg91 View Post
                                Sounds like a rush. How bad were the bugs? Better luck next hunt.
                                Bugs were bad but the Thermacell kept them at bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X