Almost Got it done in Grayson Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckslayertx View Post
    Back in the stand. I didn't hunt this morning. A little discouraged the big one hadn't been on cam since Monday as of yesterday evening. I hunted Tuesday and then not again until Friday evening. I skipped this morning wind was high and wrong for my stand. Glad I didn't go. Shooting light was 7:02 and he was at the feeder from 6:42 to 6:54. Probably would have spooked him coming in or he would have winded me. Light westish wind now. Perfect for the stand. I have 3 hunts to make it happen. I'll post updates semi-live with any action. Fingers crossed. Happy New Years Eve to all. Be safe.
    You need a Covert...

Comment

And...so...? You did hunt this evening, right?

Comment

Blanked Again.

Well didn't see him again New Years Eve evening and sat all day New Years Day. Hope he stays safe and keeps calling my place home. I'm gonna put out protein feeders this year and hope to blow him up to max potential. I'll do everything I can to bag him next year.

Comment

It took me 6 years....

Comment

Enjoying the write up

This right here is what makes us a certain diehard breed. All the time we spend away from our families. We have a lot to be thankful for and we are very fortunate that our significant others allow us to pursue this passion of ours. Good luck on this bad boy buck. Hope you get him. I'll be in the stand as well trying to seal the deal on a mature biggun as another freeze approaches. Should get em stirred up for sure. Go get em

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
              It took me 6 years....
              6 years for what?.......

Comment

It's almost time for a second chance.

The buck I was after this last year has made it through and is looking nice. These are from 7/11/17. Feeder pen was grown up and nothing spinning. He knew where it was and was inside the pen looking. I got everything up and running two days ago. Man I can't wait to see some good pics of him after another month of growing. Needless to say I'm very excited and looking forward to this year. I'll keep posting pics as I get them.
                Attached Files

Comment

Last Year - Better Pic

Early 2017
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Buckslayertx; 08-04-2017, 07:42 AM. Reason: attachment didn't come through

Comment

That's a heck of a teaser! Pictures are just good enough to tell that it's him, but not good enough to see all of his real estate!
                    Last edited by Saltyag15; 08-04-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Great buck!

Comment

What's funny is 7/11 was a Tuesday! That dude must like traveling on Tuesday's!

Good luck this year!

Comment

Holy Cow. 7/11 was a Tuesday!!! That is Awesome. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Awesome buck, you need to point your camera north or south so stop that dawn/dusk glare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daaaaang!

Comment

Beautiful deer, he doesn't look to old. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X