Walmart and Thermacell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart and Thermacell

I have been to 3 Walmart stores and could not find Thermacell units or supplies. Does anyone know if they've stopped carrying the product or just not have it where I went?

Trailboss

I found them in the camping isle once....some times they are in the pharmacy.....never in the hunting isle.

Comment

graham Wal-Mart had all their Thermacell units & refills on clearance back in August - when I say clearance I mean CLEARANCE - $17.99 for the unit and $3.49 for the box of refills. I bought several for my elk hunt since they were so cheap. Wonder if they are not going to carry them anymore or if they are a seasonal item?

Comment

They're in the camping area at our WM's

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
          I have been to 3 Walmart stores and could not find Thermacell units or supplies. Does anyone know if they've stopped carrying the product or just not have it where I went?

Trailboss
          Go to Academy and look in the hunting and camping sections. Wal-mart has stopped carrying most things of use for us hunters. UNLESS, you are in Decatur. That Decatur Wal-Mart has a bunch of stuff!!!!!

Comment

I have a new Super Walmart and of all the big stores I have ever visited, it's one of them.

Comment

I don't have an Academy in the town where I live, or where I work, or where I hunt - was just wondering if I was having a string of bad luck or if they had stopped carrying it. Have looked in hunting and camping section of all three stores. Have not been able to find the butane containers in the health and beauty section either.

Trailboss

Comment

I haven't seen them at our Wal-Mart either, but I saw them on sale yesterday at a Home Depot for $14 in the pest control section....the refills were cheap also.

Might look at a local Home Depot.

Comment

Bought one a week ago in Granbury. Found it in the camping section by all the other mosquito repellants on the bottom shelf.

Comment

I usually just buy the pads at Academy and refill my butane cartridges myself.

Comment

camping section

Comment

Being a "seasonal" item, they're probably sold out and won't get any more until this spring.

Just like a/c units, once they're gone, they're gone...

Comment

sherman store has it

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
                            I usually just buy the pads at Academy and refill my butane cartridges myself.
                            How the heck do you do this???

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
                              How the heck do you do this???
                              Very carefully.

I'll do a DIY writeup this weekend. Been meaning to do it. Pretty simple actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X