Made some new beehives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made some new beehives

Well I couldn't afford to buy pre made hives so I went and found plans and built my own.* Just happen to have a table saw and dado blade laying around lol.

2 deep broods and 2 med supers per hive

Just need to finish the bottom boards and inner and telescoping covers

What did you at $ wise so far? Don't you still have to get the waxed dividers? Reason I ask is I was considering same route but couldn't find a way to get under the $99 it cost to purchase the complete set.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      What did you at $ wise so far? Don't you still have to get the waxed dividers? Reason I ask is I was considering same route but couldn't find a way to get under the $99 it cost to purchase the complete set.
      How big are the hives your looking at for $99?

I haven't seen sets this large for $99 most this big are $200+ it's 2 complete 10 frame hives 4 boxes(2 deeps 2 mediums) each so 8 total boxes

My total was $140 so $70 each yes I still need frames but those are cheap

Comment

3 10ft 1x8s and 3 10ft 1x12s and 3 2ftx4ft sheets of plywood 1 piece of 1/4in and 2 pieces 3/4in made them

Lowe's had A LOT better prices on lumber than home depot

Comment

Looks good .what kind of jig did you make to cut the dove tail joints ? I built a sled for my table saw . For my covers I used a plastic election sign instead of wood .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I been thinking setting some up om my Mom's place. Would this kit be any good to start with. https://www.dadant.com/catalog/b5110...tpQaAijM8P8HAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              Looks good .what kind of jig did you make to cut the dove tail joints ? I built a sled for my table saw . For my covers I used a plastic election sign instead of wood .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              I made a.sled fits in the 2 rails on my table saw signs are a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                I been thinking setting some up om my Mom's place. Would this kit be any good to start with. https://www.dadant.com/catalog/b5110...tpQaAijM8P8HAQ
                Yes the have good hives (mine are based on plans made from their hives)

Comment

Working...
                X