No announcement yet.

Peacock Bass fishing recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fished with Captain Kevin Cannon many times, they fish from Palm Beach to Miami.

22K Followers, 1,226 Following, 1,659 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Captain Kevin Cannon (@peacock_bass_adventures)

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
      Fished with Captain Kevin Cannon many times, they fish from Palm Beach to Miami.

https://www.instagram.com/peacock_bass_adventures/

That looks like a blast. Putting that on the list for next year.

Comment

By doing some quick looking, it seems like Miami is a better option than South America. Has anyone made a trip outside the US for Peacock Bass recently and can advise?

Comment

I think they grow bigger in SA and I can only imagine what a 12lber would fight like!
          Originally posted by Mike View Post
          By doing some quick looking, it seems like Miami is a better option than South America. Has anyone made a trip outside the US for Peacock Bass recently and can advise?
          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
            I think they grow bigger in SA and I can only imagine what a 12lber would fight like!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
            My dad went to Venezuela (Pre-Chavez) and they were catching them to 20lbs.

He said they would **** near rip the rod out of your hand. I will tell you they are VERY tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              I am just curious, why are these only in FL?
              They tried to stock them in Texas. They never took. Dumped them in Alcoa, Trading house, Bastrop and Coleto Creek in the late 70's and early 80's.
              Last edited by Chad C; 05-17-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I have been to Brazil 3 times, most recently was 2011 I believe. If you want to just catch a Peacock I would go to Miami. Flying in to the jungle and staying on a floating cabin is a whole other adventure that I hope I can do a few more times. The first Peacock I ever caught was 20.5# so I got spoiled pretty quick.

Comment

While there go SNAKE HEAD fishing

Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-17-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post

https://www.instagram.com/peacock_bass_adventures/
                    ok.. I said next year. After I talked to Capt Kevin yesterday, I booked a trip for me and the wife for this Labor day weekend.

Comment

If you just want a quick, cheap trip to catch a Peacock then absolutely. If you want an adventure and the potential to catch a monster, Florida doesn't even enter the conversation.

Comment

Still in Miami now and had an amazing day hammering the peacocks. I have to say you need to do this at least once. I did a full day trip and put well over 30 in the boat from 1-7.75 pounds. They don’t get much bigger here in Miami from what I was told. But let me tell you the 7.75 pounder was my dream for the US. my guide also does amazon trips I will be looking into next year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5E265B24-2A92-4E2B-97B3-530A29566D9A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	24543604

Name:	6DF05417-592A-495C-BE32-3F40F6165CAA.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	24543605

Name:	A6B17716-DB3F-4C47-9F97-DB0A6CE235E5.jpg
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	24543606

Name:	18EC1156-0B4F-47AB-B8B9-EE52DB2BDBE3.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	24543607

Name:	55D37C57-D51A-4E29-B616-85551BE805FD.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	24543608

Comment

Lived in a hammock on a tributary of the Rio negro for four months. Unfortunately, it was the dry season (that's a relative term). Where we were the river was alkaline so no mosquitoes. Won't find that in Florida. In the Amazon you grow big or get eaten. I want to go back down and fish for real some time.

Those are nice fish. Glad you got into them.

Comment

Very nice Peacock!

I've got to get back and get a trip booked with Captain John --- same guy we caught Goliath grouper with earlier this year.

Chew On ThisSat, October 31, 2015 12:00pmURL:Embed:Big fat Peacock Bass on the SW Coast of Florida. Watch guest host Captain Jon Black do what he does best, catching big bass of all kinds. For more great videos be sure to check out http://www.youtube.com/realsaltlife for more great videos. #SaltLife #SafetyBoost #BullBuster #ChewOnThis Emergency Backup Battery System

Comment

Originally posted by KevinAndy View Post
                              I have been to Brazil 3 times, most recently was 2011 I believe. If you want to just catch a Peacock I would go to Miami. Flying in to the jungle and staying on a floating cabin is a whole other adventure that I hope I can do a few more times. The first Peacock I ever caught was 20.5# so I got spoiled pretty quick.
                              Miami kind of is it's own jungle!!!

Comment

Really sweet trips guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X