No announcement yet.

Green Chile Pork Stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds awesome never added papas but i will!

Comment

Fixed this last night -- and it was awesome! Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

Did this one again yesterday but in the crock pot instead and turned out even better than the first time!

Comment

YUM thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by JP Weld View Post
            Did this one again yesterday but in the crock pot instead and turned out even better than the first time!
            The crockpot is exactly what I did as well. It's a winner!

Comment

Detail your crockpot method for me. I wanna try that method.

Comment

At what point are you adding the papas now, Larry? I like my taters with some bite left to them also, and I saw where you were adding them later.

I still havn't tried this, but I'm going to next weekend at an anonymous central Tx rancho.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  Detail your crockpot method for me. I wanna try that method.
                  Just use the crockpot instead of the large pot on the stove. No need to bring to a bowl or stir constantly. Just set it on low and leave it about 5hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    At what point are you adding the papas now, Larry? I like my taters with some bite left to them also, and I saw where you were adding them later.

I still havn't tried this, but I'm going to next weekend at an anonymous central Tx rancho.

Simmer everything but but the potatoes for at least an hour before putting them in. You only need about thirty minutes for the potatoes to be ready if you don't want them mushy.

FYI...I tried Old El Paso chiles this last time. Store was sold out of canned Hatch brand. No bueno! Lots of stalk pieces in the Old El Paso.

Comment

Thinking it's a great night to make a big batch of this.

Comment

I made a double patch of this for my office. They loved it.

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Just made my best batch of this yet. Not sure what I did better than usual, but it's exactly what I needed on this cold, awesomely dreary first day of the year.

Comment

Going to give this a try tomorrow.

Comment

This stuff ladled over the top of a burrito is amazing. My wife likes it extra mild so I added a scoop of sour cream and some lettuce and tomatoes for her. She finished two.

Comment

Working...
                                X