Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armed Citizens Killed While being Disarmed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Comment

Great Thread. Recently watching the David Koresh documentaries has me wondering.....

One the gun control , 2nd amendment , UN talk issues-

Serious question I've been pondering...

Do y'all think the private individuals with some AR's (of which I own a few) stand a change against the government with modern weaponry?

When I think of thermal imaging (scopes/guns/ devices) that can look into buildings for heat signatures mounted to helo's that have belt fed machine guns, much less missiles-
      I'm not sure how long a modern militia could hold out or even make a dent.

Unless the militia is like armed, as they were when the second amendment was written- does todays Patriot stand a chance if the UN ever came in and was allowed to do a sweep? IF the UN is utilized, it removes the "my uniformed son would never do that" aspect of the argument I've heard used when gun confiscation was discussed.

Not trying to play devils advocate, just wondering how the "Come and take it " crowd sees this going if it ever comes to Uncle Sam vs. Joe citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Yep, ...cold dedd fangers...

Folks better wake up and figger out that the 2nd Ammendment had NOTHING to do with hunting or shooting sports! It had EVERYTHING to do with private citizens protecting themselves against a tyrannical gubment! Therefore "assault" weapons are the LAST THINGS that need to be banned or regulated !! It is very likely that our gubment will have to be assaulted in order for them to "get it", that we won't sit idly by while they destroy this country.
        Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
          But, but, the government wants whats best for you!!!!
          Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Great Thread. Recently watching the David Koresh documentaries has me wondering.....

Do y'all think the private individuals with some AR's (of which I own a few) stand a change against the government with modern weaponry?

When I think of thermal imaging (scopes/guns/ devices) that can look into buildings for heat signatures mounted to helo's that have belt fed machine guns, much less missiles-

Unless the militia is like armed, as they were when the second amendment was written- does todays Patriot stand a chance if the UN ever came in and was allowed to do a sweep? IF the UN is utilized, it removes the "my uniformed son would never do that" aspect of the argument I've heard used when gun confiscation was discussed.

Not trying to play devils advocate, just wondering how the "Come and take it " crowd sees this going if it ever comes to Uncle Sam vs. Joe citizen.
          Good questions and thoughts:
          You are not describing Uncle Sam vs. Joe Blow citizen...........you said the U.N. in your post. I think our folks in the military will not just sit idly by and watch that happen if the patriots you describe are legitimate. The blue helmet crowd are not well respected today, i don't see them tweaking their image anytime soon. LEGITMATE is a loaded word as the press will be against patriots, most likely will a huge portion of citizens (97%).......just like the original revolution. The 3% that light the fuse in my opinion better be controlling the narrative (social media), diverse in membership (cant be seen as another race issue), upstanding members of society(as many were in Boston), well financed (NRA) and YES well equipped. Do AR's stand up to what you described.....NOPE! But necessity is the mother of invention and more importantly ingenuity.
          My prayer is that day does not arrive but it is surely something to consider obviously. As a observation, I was written often if we got past the last president all of this kind of talk was no longer needed? what happened as the price of AR's and such were supposed to be less than $500 at every retailer?

Comment

We do not stand a chance if the Gov't comes for you or me or anyone. A big factor is how many police and military would take up arms against upon their own citizens. The attack will not all happen at once and once the info gets out that "IT" is happening and games on. Patriots will rally and some of the advanced weaponry will fall into the hands of the terrorists. Because that is what we will be called by the Gov't and the media.
            Remember our founding fathers were called Terrorists until they took over the Gov't.
            Our firearms would work defending us against a lawless society. Not against the best military in the world when they come for you/me/us.
            Many police depts are militarizing themselves. See what your Sheriff/town police force bought from the Gov't.

Comment

Thanks great post really enjoyed reading this.

Comment

Can you imagine what would be happening right now if Hillary had won and the Vegas and Florida shooting had happened. Then imagine she won and the Dems had both the House and Senate. Perish the thought. Remember that is how we got Obama Care.
                Not a pretty thought is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                  We do not stand a chance if the Gov't comes for you or me or anyone. A big factor is how many police and military would take up arms against upon their own citizens. The attack will not all happen at once and once the info gets out that "IT" is happening and games on. Patriots will rally and some of the advanced weaponry will fall into the hands of the terrorists. Because that is what we will be called by the Gov't and the media.
                  Remember our founding fathers were called Terrorists until they took over the Gov't.
                  Our firearms would work defending us against a lawless society. Not against the best military in the world when they come for you/me/us.
                  Many police depts are militarizing themselves. See what your Sheriff/town police force bought from the Gov't.

http://www.shtfplan.com/militarizati...cfe6ca4b13a8a4

Maybe in the big city but out here in the country, the law would not stand a chance. They are out numbered and out gunned 1000 to 1

The bottom line is the money anyway.

How long could our government service it’s debt if half the working folks went to war and quit paying taxes.
                  They can neither kill or jail their tax base.

Comment

Time to bump this again

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                      Those who fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it..

Great read, thank's for sharing.

You are correct, sir....................
                      But you can't learn, what your not taught..........

Comment

John Hancock

Comment

Without a Quartermaster Battalion to supply water, food, transportation, ammo, and all manner of other supplies, any attempt to mount a revolution would fail before it started. Not to mention Medical issues.
                          I spent 6 years in a Quartermaster Battalion and it is just as important as any other Division/Battalion in armed services.
                          The list of infantry support services goes on and on and starts with command and control.

Comment

Got me, LOL.

Comment

Hopefully we don't have to repeat history.

Comment

and then we have this history that's about to be made

Illinois Gov. Deploys 125 National Guard Troops to Chicago Ahead of Chauvin Verdict
                                BY ISABEL VAN BRUGEN April 20, 2021 Updated: April 20, 2021biggersmaller Print
                                Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker on Monday authorized the deployment of the Illinois National Guard to Chicago ahead of the verdict in the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, who faces second-degree murder and other charges over the May 2020 death of George Floyd.

Following a request made by Mayor Lori Lightfoot “out of an abundance of caution,” the Democratic governor said 125 troops would be deployed to assist Chicago law enforcement starting Tuesday.

Pritzker’s office said in a statement that their “limited mission” would include assisting with managing street closures during potential demonstrations.

It comes as the nation braces for potential civil unrest over the verdict, which is expected in the coming days.

Several Black Lives Matter supporters have suggested that if Chauvin isn’t found guilty, there will be further riots and violence.

Alongside peaceful protests, the death of Floyd—an African American man who died while in Minneapolis police custody—also sparked riots, arson incidents, vandalism, and looting nationwide last summer, leading to tens of millions of dollars in property damage.

“It is critical that those who wish to peacefully protest against the systemic racism and injustice that holds back too many of our communities continue to be able to do so,” the Illinois governor said in a statement. “Members of the Guard and the Illinois State Police will support the City of Chicago’s efforts to protect the rights of peaceful protestors and keep our families safe.”

The state of Chicago has recently seen several days of largely peaceful protests and vigils following the fatal police shooting of Adam Toledo, a 13-year-old who was shot by an officer on March 29 after evading the police.

Body-worn camera footage released by Chicago police shows officer Eric Stillman shouting “drop it” before shooting Toledo in the chest. The teenager doesn’t appear to be holding a gun in the split second he is shot by the officer, but the body cam footage shows that the officer found a handgun on the ground near the spot where Toledo fell.

A police union official in Minnesota has said Daunte Wright would still be alive he had complied with orders while a union official in Illinois called the fatal shooting of Toledo “justified” defensive action by police.

“The Illinois National Guard … will not interfere with peaceful protestors exercising their First Amendment rights, much the same role as Guard members played in previous deployments,” Pritzker’s office said in a statement.

According to the statement, the troops are from the the 33rd Military Police Battalion and are trained specifically in riot control operations.

The Illinois State Police will also assist the Chicago Police Department with additional troopers, Pritzker said.

Chauvin, 45, has been charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter in Floyd’s death. Jurors could decide to convict him on all counts, convict him on one or two counts, or completely acquit him.

The jury is being sequestered for the first time as they consider the three charges. There is no minimum or maximum time for announcing a verdict.

Zachary Stieber contributed to this report.

Comment

Working...
                                X