• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Boil that sucker about 20 minutes. take out and roll in sea salt
    ^^what he said..^^

Comment

Olive oil and sea salt. No foil throw it in the oven. I too like the crispy skin. Microwaving or wrapping in tin foil are not baked potatoes, they are steamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post

Potato Pouch

Same principle as the oven mitt idea. Works like a charm.
        We callem potato pockets. Ive been running into alot of folk lately that dont know about these contraptions. I made supper plans with BIL and our families...I proposed baked potatoes..he said too long to cook...I said "yall have a potato pocket right?"...he said "Ive no idea what that is"...very well..itll be your next gift.

My mom gave me the pictured potato express but for my family cooking purposes...its entirely too small. We are all about our wallered out cotton fiber potato pocket that I flake four potatoes in a star pattern and nuke.

Nuking anything in plastic gives me the willys...these days. PET, PEP, PTFE, etc and the chemical byproducts released or concocted upon heating or freezing.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

One of the new pressure cookers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
            and stick a 16d nail in it. It will help it cook from the inside too.
            Use an aluminum nail--conducts heat faster than iron/steel and reduces cooking time.

Comment

We do the wrap and cook on grill then take out of foil and roll them over the flame to crisp up the out side butter sour cream and chopped up onion

Comment

Ziplock bag and nuke them in the microwave. As mentioned it will steam them nice and done no skin hard spots if you like the potatoe skin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Twice baked

Finished with pat of real butter submerged in middle and some piprika in broiler for last 5 minutes

Comment

Cut in half
                    Nuke em
                    Deep fry

Comment

Dd

Comment

My favorite way is to wash, poke with holes, rub in oil and kosher salt and wrap in foil. I'll get a nice 350 degree fire rolling in my pit and put the taters on while drinking frosty adult beverages for 2 hours. Open the pit, add a bunch of mesquite, get the fire hot as hell and cook a steak.

Comment

I poke em, oil em, salt em and bake em and eat em.
                          I love eating the crunchy skin too with plenty of butter and S&P.

Comment

450 1 hour. The rest is noise.

Comment

Have any of y'all "wrap in plastic and nuke'em" guys started growing tails yet? I hear bad things about cooking food wrapped in plastic and/or foil. Just wondering if it is true or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X