Indexed bareshafts in bathtub last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indexed bareshafts in bathtub last night

I am paper tuning arrows for my recurve and Im getting variable horizontal tears on fletched shafts.

I have a fresh virgin batch of Easton 340 Aftermaths .005. Hopefully this get me closer to indexed spines with respect to nock tuning before I even get the nocks installed.

I filled them up with water to clean them. They sank. I pulled one out of water at a time. Blew the water out of them. Then attempted to lay the shaft evenly on the water and spin it. Where it stopped on average after 5-7 spins...I marked the top after drying. Line of thought is that there is a heavy side and lighter side...maybe the heavy side is corresponding with the stiff side of the arrow.

Some shafts definitively went to same spot 5 of 5 spins. Some werent so easy and I spun 9-11 times.

Chalk marker worked better for marking than a sharpie.

Crap. I didnt think about elliptical shafts...as Im reading Enewmans spine paper. Thatd definitely show a preferential float point. Floating...One of the least accurate measures

Just starting points.. anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      Crap. I didnt think about elliptical shafts...as Im reading Enewmans spine paper. Thatd definitely show a preferential float point. Floating...One of the least accurate measures

Just starting points.. anyhow.
      Haha.

I would like to see your out come. When you mark your arrows. Shoot each one through paper. And note how the tears looks. How many matched.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
        Haha.

I would like to see your out come. When you mark your arrows. Shoot each one through paper. And note how the tears looks. How many matched.
        Will do. Itll take me some time to get done...but will do.

Comment

Working...
        X