X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

momentum vs ke

Good article.

Comment

Good article enewman, I'm just going to put these here for future reference...

Momentum = Mass x Velocity / 225400
      Kinetic Energy = Mass x Velocity² / 450800

Also, Front of Center formula; since adding weight up front is a great way to increase Momentum and get a higher FOC at the same time.

%FOC = (100 x (A - L / 2)) / L
      L = Length of arrow from throat of nock to the end of the shaft.
      A = Length of arrow from throat of nock to the balance point with the tip on the arrow

As a primer, can you also post the chart for minimum recommended grain per inch of arrow eight per pound of peak draw weight?

Comment

Yea, but a faster bow gives me more KE, and the number is bigger when you use KE... so it has to be better than momentum!

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
          Yea, but a faster bow gives me more KE, and the number is bigger when you use KE... so it has to be better than momentum!
          Sounds good to me hehe

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
            Sounds good to me hehe
            Lol!

For real though, great write up.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
              Lol!

For real though, great write up.
              Thank you

Comment

Fluff

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems this pops up every few months!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Fluff

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                    Tell us how you really feel

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                      Seems this pops up every few months!!!
                      that's because I was testing OneDrive I do apologize since this bothered you.

I do have other papers coming. they are not as technical. but it all fits into building a hunting arrow

thanks for looking
                      Last edited by enewman; 03-12-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I like the equal KE pingpong 2700fps vs bowling ball 1fps comparison.

(This onedrive article loaded alot easier on my iphone than the spine check pdf.)

Good stuff Enewman.

Comment

Most comparisons aren’t quiiieeeettt as big as most make them.

“ ping bong vs bowling ball”.... geeezzzz

“Motorcycle vs train”... come on

A real comparison would be closer to an 11” softball @ 190 mph vs a 12” softball @ 175.

Everything in moderation even “momentum” for let’s say an elk arrow. If you need a 20,25,30 yard pin your at a disadvantage to the faster arrow..... that has been getting it done for decades. That said there’s moderation that way also

I find most analogies of mass comical in bow hunting. Perfect flight and shot placement are more important (imho) but that just been my experiences

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Most comparisons aren’t quiiieeeettt as big as most make them.

“ ping bong vs bowling ball”.... geeezzzz

“Motorcycle vs train”... come on

A real comparison would be closer to an 11” softball @ 190 mph vs a 12” softball @ 175.

Everything in moderation even “momentum” for let’s say an elk arrow. If you need a 20,25,30 yard pin your at a disadvantage to the faster arrow..... that has been getting it done for decades. That said there’s moderation that way also

I find most analogies of mass comical in bow hunting. Perfect flight and shot placement are more important (imho) but that just been my experiences

I used the bowling ball because for what ever reason that seams to be what people do. Or it’s a truck and a car. Or s train. In on of my revisions I had a golf ball and a ping pong ball.

Perfect flight is important. Matter of fact if you look at the 12 penetration factors tuning for flight is number 2.

This paper is just to show momentum and why we need to look st it. It is part of another paper I’m working on.
                            Last edited by enewman; 03-19-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X