No announcement yet.

Budget Binos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked through a bunch (indoors) and went with Nikon Prostaff 3s 10x42 for $140ish

They do what I need them to do, but admittedly I do not hunt in extreme conditions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Vortechs for warranty, Nikons for quality. Take your pick

Comment

Certainly go to a sporting goods store & look though as many as you can, in your price range. Generally, these stores are too well lit to tell you much about low light abilities of the binoculars. Research that elsewhere. But you will see a difference in clarity from one model to the next. Look for a shadowy area in the store, look at a mounted head on the wall as far away as you can.

I have no brand loyalty whatsoever. I shop, compare & choose what seems best.

True story - my brother bought a pair of Vortex (Diamondbacks, pretty sure). He likes them and was showing them off to me one day during a break in turkey hunting. I didn't want to hurt his feelings or make him not like his new binoculars, so I had to pretend to like them and think up something nice to say about them. They were OK, but clarity, edge to edge especially, was noticeably not as good as the Nikons hanging around my neck. I didn't want him to look through mine - again I wanted him to remain happy with his. Pretty sure I changed the subject......

Too each his own, maybe it is just my eyes.

My son however, was very much in agreement with my brother on the Vortex binos. Until he looked through the Nikons. He bought the Nikons.

Comment

And if you are even thinking "I don't want binoculars made in China', get over that. I used to think that too. When I last shopped for them, you had to spend $400 or $500 or more to get something not made in China.

Just the way it is.

Comment

I have these for sale. You may be looking for more magnification, but these are excellent bino’s. I used these in Kansas and never had any issues identifying deer that were out there a good ways. Only reason I’m selling is I upgraded to the BX-4’s

Comment

Working...
            X