Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone at Fairfield Lake State Park this week for the spike/doe hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone at Fairfield Lake State Park this week for the spike/doe hunt?

My dad and I and two friends are here. It’s gonna be cold! I think the warmest temperature we can expect to see while hunting will be around 32 degrees. I’m glad we opted to rent a cabin down the road instead of tent camping like we were originally going to do!

Good luck guys, I have seen some good deer around the lake...

Comment

2 of the other 3 guys in my group have shot, but I’m the only one getting service

Comment

This hunt has been a tough one. Two pigs brought in last night, nothing this morning. A guy in my group hit a pig last night but couldn’t find it. I THINK one of the other guys shot a few minutes ago, but I got fooled by a shot last night, and may be fooled again, as it happened right when I was sliding my jacket hood on. The only thing I’ve seen is a raccoon that got within 5 yds of my blind before I hissed at him and he ran off. I found out that 2 pigs and 2 deer were killed out of my blind during the youth hunt 10 days ago, which means I’m in a good spot, but it may be shot out right now.

Comment

Hang in there.

Comment

As of 6:15 tonight, 3 pigs total from 20+ hunters, but I heard a couple of shots, so something might’ve come in after we checked out. I’m wearing my lucky shirt in the morning, so we’ll see

Comment

Heard a couple of shots this morning. I’m about to pack it in. I’ve had enough cold without seeing an animal bigger than a coon.

Comment

Pigs have taken over there and the deer can't compete, its a bad deal. Used to see lots of deer in that park, not anymore...

Comment

Been two does and some hogs killed second leg of the hunt so far. Nobody’s seeing much, pig sign everywhere.

Comment

Any idea of the total amount of animals killed at your hunt, solo?

Comment

Total for the whole week was 4 deer and I think they said maybe 6 pigs. The only two deer killed on the second leg of the hunt were both killed by the same guy in the same hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                        Total for the whole week was 4 deer and I think they said maybe 6 pigs. The only two deer killed on the second leg of the hunt were both killed by the same guy in the same hunt.
                        And the other two were killed by the same guy on our hunt, one the second evening, the other the next morning. Slow hunt. They made it sound like the kids cleaned up pretty good at the youth hunt 10 days before. So it was already a little shot out, and I’m sure the super moon didn’t help us either.

Comment

The guy I talked to said that they ran close to 60 kids through the youth hunt and they killed like 9 deer. 50 hunters for the adult hunt and 4 deer. Said it just isn’t what it used to be, hogs have sort of taken over.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                            The guy I talked to said that they ran close to 60 kids through the youth hunt and they killed like 9 deer. 50 hunters for the adult hunt and 4 deer. Said it just isn’t what it used to be, hogs have sort of taken over.
                            I talked to him about doing some pig only hunts next year. Or getting someone to trap out there. They were exploring both options

Comment

I’d apply for a pig hunt if they had one

Comment

Working...
                              X