Best corn cover scent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best corn cover scent?

That article about the skunk and acorn cover scents distracting the dog for 30-40 seconds got me thinking, and I'm leaning towards the acorn scent rather than skunk for this season

Anyone have an acorn cover scent that's worked for them? What would you recommend?

What one animal do you find on most deer leases in TX that would naturally make a great cover scent? CATTLE SCENT made by Pete Rickards. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazman View Post
      That article about the skunk and acorn cover scents distracting the dog for 30-40 seconds got me thinking, and I'm leaning towards the acorn scent rather than skunk for this season

Anyone have an acorn cover scent that's worked for them? What would you recommend?
      I remember seeing this article, I am also thinking about using acorn scent this year too...... Now I just got to find some.

Comment

If your hunting over a feeder put some apple buck candy in it. Then dust a little on your pants and around the stand when you get in. When the feeder goes off apple scent fills the air!

Comment

I mix Buck Candy in all my feeders...the blaster smells like BC when the feeder goes off, so I use BC as a cover scent ...

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
            I mix Buck Candy in all my feeders...the blaster smells like BC when the feeder goes off, so I use BC as a cover scent ...

Skinny
            How much bug candy per 50lb bag?

Comment

It don't take much of the Buck Candy to smell up 350#'s of corn. It works!

Comment

I would say that you have more of a chance of a deer stopping to investigate the smell of a desired food source than a skunk scent trail leaving your scent in the stream the deer is stopped at longer. So, no.

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                  How much bug candy per 50lb bag?
                  1 cup per 200.

Comment

Please note: I meant to say ACORN cover scent, not "corn" cover scent. Not talking about what to add to the corn...but what to add to me to cover up my uberstank.

Thinking about using an ACORN cover scent this year. Anyone recommend a good brand?

Comment

I put 1 lid for feeder of BC.

Comment

I imagine Hunters Specialties makes some acorn cover scent

Comment

Originally posted by Brazman View Post
                          Please note: I meant to say ACORN cover scent, not "corn" cover scent. Not talking about what to add to the corn...but what to add to me to cover up my uberstank.

Thinking about using an ACORN cover scent this year. Anyone recommend a good brand?
                          I don't know the County you hunt in per your profile, but if you have acrons on the property you hunt pick up a handful. Then, use a knife to open and crush them, you can rub some on your clothing.

Also, in your Avatar I notice you are holding a baby. If you still have the 3-4 ounce plastic bottles with the screw caps for breast milk that were given to you and your wife when you left the hospital, fill one or two with more fresh crushed acrons (you can do this back at camp or out of the woods) then when your in the stand open the bottles. I refill them every night when I am hunting in Louisiana swamps where there are plenty of acorns to use as a cover scent.

Comment

I'll be honest.
                            I spray down with some primos silver scent and then put cow crap around and in blind. I also step in it. Deer will never know.
                            You could walk up and pet one if you're quiet enough!
                            Jk

Comment

I hunt in Houston County, and yes there are oak trees somewhere on the property, they're just not very easy to get to or I'd be hunting under them! I'll try to track down some this year, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X