Lost one of the herd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost one of the herd!

Well, I was out this morning, and I saw a few buzzards circling out in front of my house. I went to investigate, and found something that was very sad. A doe had apparently died while giving birth sometime this morning or last night. I guess it is just part of nature, but now that I own my own property, I get to see first hand a little more how cruel mother nature can be sometimes.

As for the buzzards, well, they are just doing what God put them here to do!

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 06-05-2018, 01:50 PM.

It happens.

Comment

Yep, that sucks! Like I tell people who don't hunt... hunters tend to care more about animal life in general... and experience first hand the cruelty of it first hand more often than most.

When you hunt them, you tend to take a more active role and a sense of ownership. Something a zoo membership (which I have) can't even come close to replicating.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        Yep, that sucks! Like I tell people who don't hunt... hunters tend to care more about animal life in general... and experience first hand the cruelty of it first hand more often than most.

When you hunt them, you tend to take a more active role and a sense of ownership. Something a zoo membership (which I have) can't even come close to replicating.
        Yes sir us hunters are really no different then say cattle ranchers we love our herds and want them to flourish it’s something none hunters just can’t understand and it’s ashamed!

Comment

Yeah that always hurts a little.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, that sucks. I've got several does that have their fawns at the edge of my yard every year. I think they do it for protection from predators. Two months out of every year the deer and I call a truce of sorts. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
              Two months out of every year the deer and I call a truce of sorts. haha

So..........you hunt them the other 10 months of the year?

I knew I shoulda moved to east Tx when I bought property!!! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Know exactly how you feel. Amazing how you look at animals on your own place. Now I know how the ranchers feel that I used to lease from. I used to ask them why they lease when they have their own place. They always said like hunting my pets. I now know how they felt.

Comment

Sounds like a spot to hunt over for coyotes tonight!

Comment

Hate to see that but it’s part of nature’s cycle

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      So..........you hunt them the other 10 months of the year?

I knew I shoulda moved to east Tx when I bought property!!! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Well, its more like 8 months of plotting and two months of chasing

Comment

Seldom a day passes that country folk won't see death of some sort of animal. kind of eerie hearing baby rabbits cry when a snake is eating them.

Comment

If you lucky your the reason those animals die!! HeeeHeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang! Thats no good when trying to build the population.

Last year I lost some local does to some four legged predators. I was bummed too.

Two tears ago I was working on an investment house along Brushy Creek. Neighbor called up and complained we had 31 buzzards on our roof...she counted. I went to investigate...a doe had birthed twins...that were sticking moderately close under cover. The buzzards had pooped all over my pool and surrounding patio. Ms Doe was picked clean. I spent the next 4 hrs scrubbing the pool and spa concrete and stone work. I stuck a buzzard feather in the does skull and hung the does skull in a tree facing the neighbor.

Comment

Hello Neighbor
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X