Bushnell camera changed date and time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bushnell camera changed date and time?

Went to the lease this past weekend and noticed that my Bushnell game camera had changed the date and time. It was showing March of 2015 and the time was off by a good 8 hours. When I last checked it April, the date and time as correct and the batteries were showing fully charged. In fact they were still fully charged when I checked it this past Friday.

What could cause this? I thought maybe it was a lightning strike in close proximity, but the feeder timer indicated the correct date and time. Any guesses?

Welcome to the wonderful world of substandard trailcameras.

Comment

Some one looked at your pics and set up.

Comment

I still have a couple Bushnell cameras that constantly do the same thing. It seems like they keep taking pictures. I have been replacing with brownings and have had good luck except for woodpeckers destroying the sensor

Comment

Aliens........or was it Rooshians?........

Comment

If lightning hit close by it could certainly cause the cam to restore to defaults which can include the cam "born on date"...

FYI 3.5 more inches of rain here in Del Rio... It rained out towards the val verde-Terrell county line with the majority out on the terrel county line side. Lots and lots of lightning out of these recent storms...

Comment

I doubt it was lightning related. I have (and have had) a bunch of Bushnell cameras and this is pretty standard with all of them. I don't even bother to set the time and date anymore.

Comment

Batteries did not have a good connection and it reset.

Comment

Welcome to the world of Bushnell.
                  If it's still taking pics, at least its better than moultree or wildgame's bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    If lightning hit close by it could certainly cause the cam to restore to defaults which can include the cam "born on date"...

FYI 3.5 more inches of rain here in Del Rio... It rained out towards the val verde-Terrell county line with the majority out on the terrel county line side. Lots and lots of lightning out of these recent storms...

Thanks. Me and the GF were out there this weekend. The road was practically washed out in several places. Had to use 4X4 to get in and out. Especially after my UTV broke an axle. Made a round trip to Kerrville and back on Saturday to pick up my trailer to haul it back. It took me nearly 2 hours to get to the Pumpville Baptist Church on Sunday morning in what should have been about an hour drive. And the mosquitoes were terrible. I knew they would be.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                      Welcome to the world of Bushnell.
                      If it's still taking pics, at least its better than moultree or wildgame's bs.

I've never had an issue with this camera or any Bushnell for that matter. This one has been taking pics for two years without a hiccup until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                        I doubt it was lightning related. I have (and have had) a bunch of Bushnell cameras and this is pretty standard with all of them. I don't even bother to set the time and date anymore.
                        This.

Comment

I have an older Bushnell camera that did the same thing this summer. Thought it was something I had done when setting it up but now it sounds like a glitch in the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Clintk View Post
                            ...I have been replacing with brownings and have had good luck except for woodpeckers destroying the sensor
                            Same thing happened to me with the Browning 850 cam @ my camp feeder. Hadn't had a sensor cover pecked out since the days of the old Moultrie 35mm cams. Weird....

Comment

My Moultrie was ahead by 4 hours this past weekend when I checked it. It had only been out for 14 days

Comment

Working...
                              X