Gus Engeling 10/31/2017 - 11/04/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
    Yea, I thought that's why they don't allow hog hunting in the spring there anymore.
    Really?!, thats the first I heard that but would make sense whey they dropped the spring shotgun hog hunting, they still do it over at Richland creek. Maybe A&M is using GE as the test area...

Comment

This morning was great.

Overall for our group, saw 2 shooters, 3-4 young bucks, multiple does, and 1 coyote thats no longer alive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, I thought that's why they don't allow hog hunting in the spring there anymore.
        They dropped the spring hunts to let the turkeys have some peace and quiet

At least that is my understanding

Comment

We're ther any walk up spots?

Comment

Had some great years hunting there years ago. Some great times with friends and great food were consumed at that camp. Killed deer there too, just not the monstrs that roam those woods.

Comment

If they allow you to shoot any hogs and you do get one, make sure you toss the hog if you see blue when you gut em!
              This is 100% bogus and false.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Boudin,Pork Chops and Taters with onions.... last night. Told jokes until we almost threw it all back up! Good times!

little feller from last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by killbirds View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  If you're trying to kill a gaint there you gotta get into the woods... they're not going to come out into an opening like this there. Those bucks are smart there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
                    This is 100% bogus and false.

Err... no its not, read Can I consume the meat of a hog that ingested Kaput Feral Hog Bait? http://www.kaputproducts.com/faq/

Comment

Boss... I mean that TPWD is not using warfarin on ANY property in Texas and anyone who is is violating the law.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
                        Boss... I mean that TPWD is not using warfarin on ANY property in Texas and anyone who is is violating the law.

Texas A&M is currently testing it somewhere in texas, Gus is a research area.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                          If you're trying to kill a gaint there you gotta get into the woods... they're not going to come out into an opening like this there. Those bucks are smart there.

Stay calm. Just a scouting report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            Texas A&M is currently testing it somewhere in texas, Gus is a research area.
                            Tell me more about it then... I know for 100% fact that they TPWD is not using warfarin toxicant on ANY state property.

Comment

Just been informed of this thread, lots of deer moving. Have seen mutiple bucks, couple of shooters and a few young bucka. Heres a mature buck at 55yds and a young one too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think this hunt is more about eating! Come on with some dead deer pictures!

Comment

Working...
                                X