Any travel agents on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any travel agents on here?

Thinking about going to Cancun or some place like that for our 15th anniversery. All inclusive. Like for a couple 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expedia is cheaper

Comment

Wife and i took a trip to Australia this past May and tried a travel agent and they were way too expensive and not as helpful as we thought they would be. Do a lot of Google searching and emailing places yourself and I bet you can book it for cheaper than using an agent. Good luck!

Comment

I've leaned to search for things on expedia or other travel sites and to book directly with the resort/hotel and airline. It's not always cheaper but sometimes it is. Do you research before stabbing the first thing you run across.

Comment

Ok thx

Comment

Do they even exist anymore?

Comment

Are there still travel agents?

Comment

Any suggestions on where to go? Resorts??

Comment

I will tell you this from staying at different hotels/motels the last few months, all of them are telling me that when you book thru one of the online sights the hotel/motle may or may not get the booking sent to them so when you show up there may not be a reservation for you. I have found better deals booking straight with the hotels/motels.

Punta Cana would be a suggestion for a romantic getaway.

Comment

You can be your own travel agent these days!

Flights:
                    1. Check kayak.com or other websites and get a feel for the prices
                    2. Double check with the Airlines directly and maybe book through them.

Hotel:
                    1. I use travel forum boards like trip advisor or flyer talk and see what is popular or most recommended.
                    2. Yelp can provide some hotel reviews as well

Packages:
                    1. Sometimes Costco packages are pretty good, other websites may have some deals as well.
                    2. I generally price out what it would cost if I book it myself vs. packages - then I'll decide. Generally I end up book things on my own.
                    Last edited by altez; 01-12-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                      Do you research before stabbing the first thing you run across.
                      That's what dad always told me.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post

Have you been to Cancun or Mexico? I went and no one in the family liked it. Maybe if you can drink $400 in mixed drinks every day it would be worth it.

We used a travel agent and she did ok. Answered some questions. Probably could do it on your own.

Comment

We just got back from Playa. We loved it.
                          Have you looked at Hotwire? I know that they have some deals on hotels if you book blind.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post

I've stayed at Fiesta Americana Condesa. It's was nice for an all inclusive but apart from a Sandals or something like that all inclusives aren't really what I want unless I'm taking the whole family. You can get much nicer away from all inclusives

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              I've stayed at Fiesta Americana Condesa. It's was nice for an all inclusive but apart from a Sandals or something like that all inclusives aren't really what I want unless I'm taking the whole family. You can get much nicer away from all inclusives

Cheaper to go not all inclusive?

Comment

Working...
                              X