Somerville WMA 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
    Well all I’m gonna say is do your scouting and you will kill ducks. The last four days me and my two buddies (on a Somerville WMA, not the lake) have killed woodies, mallards, shovelers, gadwall, ringnecks, and green Wing teal. This is all from one spot on one pond. And we are not professionals at this at all, this is our first season duck hunting period but if you get out there and do some research you will kill a lot of ducks out there.
    Your are the first person iv heard say they have killed ringers on any pond from nails to yegua.....so im guessing that makes you a pro....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
      Your are the first person iv heard say they have killed ringers on any pond from nails to yegua.....so im guessing that makes you a pro....

But they deek up so well!

I wouldn’t brag about ringers...or spoonies.
      Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Duck is all in how you prepare and I hear the ringnecks are the best eating diver out there so we shall see. And trust me we have killed a bunch of ringnecks out there, don’t know how that’s uncommon...

Comment

Duck is all in how you prepare and I hear the ringnecks are the best eating diver out there so we shall see. And trust me we have killed a bunch of ringnecks out there, don’t know how that’s uncommon...
          No, it's all about where they are and what they've been eating.

But typically, ringnecks are pretty good eating little birds.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

By far the slowest hunt today. Figured this cold front and cloudy days would have some birds moving but absolutely nothing today

Comment

Gotta remember also- these cold air masses move our birds out too. WMAs been hunted hard and hung up wet. It’s so hit and miss out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                Gotta remember also- these cold air masses move our birds out too. WMAs been hunted hard and hung up wet. It’s so hit and miss out there.

Correct but I figured others would move in behind them. We hunted 4 of the 5 Days during the week last week and me and my two buddies walked away with at least 10 ducks every time.

Comment

went out again today and managed to shoot a pair of cinnamon teal. Still a super slow day compared to the previous weeks

Comment

went out again today and managed to shoot a pair of cinnamon teal. Still a super slow day compared to the previous weeks
                    Pics or tbis is a false post....

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                      Pics or tbis is a false post....

Got a buddy that lives in that part of the world, typically hunts that place a bit, and killed a couple of cinnamons this past week. I didn't ask him where they came from, but like I said, those are his stomping grounds.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s the Drake that’s obviously going on the wall.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That’s no cinn Teal! That’s a ruddy/gaddy/GWT/BWT/spoonie hybrid. Well, that’s what FB hunting pros would say. [emoji23]

Nice kill! [emoji33][emoji33]

Comment

I'm planning on duck hunting sunday morning, anyone want to meet up for a hunt?

Comment

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone hunt hard for hogs during the offseason out here? Personally I think if more hogs were removed then the quality of the deer hunting here would sky rocket, but closing the WMA to pig hunting at the end of March does not help the problem. Would anyone be interested in hunting hard for pigs and keeping a running tally of how many are taken out?

Comment

Working...
                                X