Fess up, we all know you have done something Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Last Summer I was pulling into a gas station in New Mexico with one of my buddies and let's just say a good lookin female was walking across the parking lot and I got distracted and smashed into a metal pole that prevents people from driving up onto the sidewalk or in to the side of the store going 35 miles an hour. You talk about coming to a sudden stop in a hurry......I thought I had whip lash....either from that pole or whipping my head around to look at that woman in her Summer time attire. My buddy sunk down in the seat and said "We're not going in after that are we?" I said "Of course we are. She didn't notice." He looked at me and said "We almost drove through the building....everyone noticed."

It ought to be illegal for a woman built like that to dress like that. It's a safety issue. I could have really tore something up.
    No is should be illegal for women built like that NOT to dress like that.......

While I did not wreck a truck I remember my freshman year at A&M. The first really nice spring day all the girls were in shorts. One walked out in front of me right outside of my dorm and she was the definition of perfect. I don't remember starring but the next thing I knew I was in front of the library which is all good and well except I had an Ag Science class across the tracks about 2 miles away.......

-john

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      Last Summer I was pulling into a gas station in New Mexico with one of my buddies and let's just say a good lookin female was walking across the parking lot and I got distracted and smashed into a metal pole that prevents people from driving up onto the sidewalk or in to the side of the store going 35 miles an hour. You talk about coming to a sudden stop in a hurry......I thought I had whip lash....either from that pole or whipping my head around to look at that woman in her Summer time attire. My buddy sunk down in the seat and said "We're not going in after that are we?" I said "Of course we are. She didn't notice." He looked at me and said "We almost drove through the building....everyone noticed."

It ought to be illegal for a woman built like that to dress like that. It's a safety issue. I could have really tore something up.
      I tried to move one of those poles also. You are right a truck wont budge those pipes they are tough. A 5 mph impact on one of those hurts.

Comment

Fess up, we all know you have done something Stupid

So many. And like TVC I'll tell some good ones when I retire.

A few years back on Christmas morning, after presents were all handed out. I wanted to show my boy a couple "tricks" on his new BMX bike. (I raced them when I was young) so I was still an expert, or so I thought. So, I take off, couple of bunny hops and one bar spin I was back on top of my game. Until, I decided to do one more, right in front of about 7 kids and 5 adults who were out front watching.

I combined a quick bunny hop, with a bar spin. Daum defective front wheel decided not to spin all the way. Up over the bars I go and face first into the sidewalk. I would have laughed with them if it didn't hurt so dang bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

BB guns,pellet guns,real guns,pocket knives, magnifying glass,slingshots,darts,bows and arrows,spears,mud ball fights,firecrackers -enough stories to make a book.Growing up in the 60s it is amazing that I still have both eyes and all of my fingers, but lots of scars.It was GREAT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
            I tried to move one of those poles also. You are right a truck wont budge those pipes they are tough. A 5 mph impact on one of those hurts.
            They're pretty stout. I about ended up on the dashboard. My buddy gets embarrassed really easily so he was mortified. Me.......uhhhmmm....not so much. I went inside and that little lady was standing there paying for gas. I said "Hi, how's it goin?" She had a big smile on her face.....Pretty sure it wasn't because she was happy to see me either. Everyone's eyes were on me. I felt so popular.ahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by josepht View Post
              Me and my cousin when young kids thought it would be a good idea to throw a CO2 into a fire... sounded like a bomb went off my dad then an active duty policeman came running out in his underwear only to find me and my cousin with holes burned in our clothes... lets just say we got a good whippin after that!
              lmao

Comment

My list is long.

But the worst is I bought a Ford not once but twice...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

the day of my first dance in 6th grade I went to my cousins house after school to mess around for a few hours before we buttoned up the rayon shirts and Z Cavaricci's. we rode bikes over to one of our friends house, he was on his bike and I took my older cousins homemade bike, it was pieced together from a bunch of different bikes they had gone through over the years. while smoking my cousin on the race back to his house, I went to pull a lil wheelie over on of the pot holes in the rock road so as to not have to slow down and lo and behold, the front wheel goes flying off. the forks dug in and my face broke my fall on the white rock road. so I got to go my first middle school dance with a face full of scab.

at least it didn't break any teeth, that would come later diving in basketball practice.

Comment

Oh man!

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                    After getting a headache reading the "Tree stand accident thread"

Here is a wonderful thread to fess up on stupid things that you have done, or just bad choices..

Example: Big ole fire burning outside you have the awesome idea to toss that old dresser into it and let it burn, yeap ya forgot about all those handgun rounds rolling around in it...yeap, that left a mark...
                    Here's your sign. DDDD
                    Last edited by texaspacker; 12-08-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Man I have plenty of them........

Once moving cows on 4 wheelers we had some bust a fence and through a creek so we were hurrying around to head them off. Pulled up to the gate that my boss was opening and he decided to open it towards us instead of the other way. I hastily put it in reverse to back up and slammed the gas. Only problem is I wasn't in reverse, slammed into the gate which went directly into his face. Scared the **** out of me as I figured I had at least broken his nose, he chewed my *** a little but all was good.

Another time working on something boss sends me to the barn to grab a tool. I parked the truck and got out left the door open and run inside. While inside I thought I heard someone ringing the big iron bell hanging off a post out front then a crash. Run out to find the ranch truck with the door almost ripped off and the back crashed into my truck. I apparently didn't get the ranch truck all the way into park and the vibrations of the diesel was enough to bounce it back into reverse. Open window caught the bell perfectly and ripped the door nearly off.

Comment

I was about 10 & was at my uncles house burning red ant beds like I been told not to do twenty zillion times. The fire got out of control. I ran and picked up a bucket full of what I thought was water. Threw it on the fire. Nope it was kerosene. Burnt my eye brows off, most of my hair, the bottom of my Levis back when it was cool to have the bottoms unraveled & half of my shirt. I didn't get burned at all but latter on my Granny Dilly did burn my butt up with a switch.
                        Last edited by texaspacker; 12-08-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I used to fond of sticking 12 guage shells, and other assorted ammo in the ground and shooting the primer with my bb gun

Comment

Well

I am currently on my 3rd marriage................

As Bill Engvall would say “Are you stupid?”

Yes, yes I am

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              one that sticks out is trying to shoot the mud out of the end of the barrel of $69 New England Arms 410 when I was about 14. lucky for me it was a cheap gun the barrel mushroomed and split instead of blowing out towards my face.

there are many, many more.
                              This brings back one of my favorite memories.

When I was about 12 to maybe 14, one of my cousins and I were out hunting birds, usually quail on the family farm. Well there was a creek that had water in it year round, not sure how down there. But we were bored and walking the bank of the creek. Then we saw a huge bullfrog under the water, just laying on the bottom. It was probably 2 ft. deep water. My brilliant cousin decided he was going to shoot the frog. I told him, "Just leave it alone, or we are both going to get soaked." He looked at me and said, "I am not that stupid, I know how to keep from getting soaked." And stuck the barrel of his 20 ga. shotgun under the water. I told him he was going to screw up his barrel and not to do that. He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "No it won't you don't know anything." So I backed up quite a ways and said "Go ahead, shoot it." So he cocked the single shot, shotgun and fired. He was right, there was not much of a splash, there was a huge bubble that came to the surface and a large mild splash. Then he pulled the gun barrel out of the water and we both saw this big bulge mid way down the barrel. He got a horrified look on his face and I busted up laughing so hard.

He was very upset and wanted to know how to fix it, I told him there was nothing he could do, it was screwed. He then informed me his father was going to kill him. My response, was, "That's not my problem, you put the gun in the water, after I told you not to."

I laughed so hard about that one all the way back to the farm house, he was pretty much crying all the way back and yelling at me for laughing. We never found the frog, don't know what happed to it. We assumed it killed it and blew it up under some moss, the pond had a lot of thick moss.

The next year, when we went to go out quail hunting. I got my shot gun and a bunch of shells. Then he went and got his shotgun and shells. When he came back, he had the same shotgun, but the barrel had been sawed off. It was probably only 16" long. As soon as I saw the gun, I busted up laughing hard again. I had forgotten about our last hunt. He got ****** off again.

Comment

I got a few more. I've probably told them at some point but they're pretty funny.

The first real job I had I basically did all the work nobody else didn't want to do. Washing vehicles,checking sprinkler heads,mowing...stuff like that. Well I was mowing in the orchard these people had with a nice zero turn John Deere mower. Well I was mowing along and went zipping around a tree,got about 3/4 of the way around it and stopped dead in my tracks. The mower wouldn't go anymore so I backed up and thought I had messed it up somehow or another so I try to go forwards again and made it about three feet and the mower stopped again. I don't exactly how many times I did this but I finally backed up a little further and got a good run to see if the mower would lock up again. Only the last time I kept going,heard a crunch and a crash and all I could see was green leaves all around me.....The roll bar sticking up on the mower had caught a low hanging branch and I tipped that tree right the hell over.

My brother and I were working together that Summer. I got caught riding the golf cart around because I thought it'd be a quicker way to get things done so I could go home. And it was but they had specifically said not to drive it.

We had to clean our bosses truck once with a gas powered,pull start pressure washer once. My brother wasn't strong enough to start it so I went over and cranked it up a few times. That pressure washer didn't have a trigger on it so once it was started water just started spraying out of it at a high rate of speed. When I say high rate of speed I mean you had better have a hold of that thing once you had it started. It had some power! Once I got it started the power sprayer was laying on the ground and it went crazy. That sucker was spinning in circles,blowing mud all over us and the truck and everything else and my brother couldn't catch it to get that sucker under control. I went into hysterics and was laughing uncontrollably when our boss pulled up. He was not a happy camper. I thought it was one of the funniest things I'd seen up until then but that was just my opinion.

One of our jobs was to go to corn fields and check sprinkler heads on the irrigation sprinklers. My brother would start at one end,I'd start on the other. I'd try to beat him to the middle and I'd hide until I heard him coming and scare the crap out of him in that tall corn.

I didn't get hired back the next Summer but my brother did. I think they thought I jacked around too much....lol

I accidentally caught a lawn mower on fire once too. But not while I worked there. It was kind of a piece of crap anyways.
                                Last edited by okrattler; 12-08-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X