• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    Resale will be lower on a v6

My father in law just got a new one with the v8 and loves the thing
    not on an eco 6 cyl'

Ilove my eco boost, it will scream

Comment

I got an eco boost in march, and i love it. pulls great and get about 17 between the highway and in town

Comment

My Eco has 46,000 on it, with 0 problems. I do like the ride and the pep.

Comment

Dont know if you have looked yet, but on the website F150forum.com there is a whole section on the eco-boost. A lot of good reading, they now have programmers, cold air kits and exhaust kits for the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
            All I know is don't put bumpers/tool boxes on a Eco.
            ^^^^ why no bumpers or tool boxes ?

Comment

This is a picture of mine.
              Attached Files

Comment

Heath, I have 30k on my Ecoboost and absolutely love it. Not a single problem with it. I've gotten as high as 23 mpg on long road trips. And as for resale on a V6, just try finding a used Ecoboost. IF you find one, it won't be cheap.

Comment

ANyone pulled travel trailers or campers with theirs yet? Just wondering how it would do with my 25'. Weight about 5300 lbs.

Comment

Heath we took my buddies Ecoboost crew on our elk hunt. Pulling a 14' single axle trailer loaded we average 18 MPG there and back.

Comment

Wouldn't even try it with a 1/2 ton unless small camper. I'm sure it would do it but could it handle it in a bad situation or stop one in brake check situation . People do it all the time but not safely

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        No MPG would make me drive a Dodge! Sorry I just don't like the way they look.
                        I am not a fan of dodge myself but I don't pay for the truck. A free truck is a good truck.

I used to be a ford guy but my last two personal trucks have been Chevys. To me the interior is just more comfortable in the Chevy.

Comment

I drive a 5.0 for work, average 17.6 mpg. I turn the truck on in the morning and it runs till I'm home, quite a bit of idling throughout the day.
                          My father has the 3.5 ecoboost, he averages 16.3 mpg. Has a lot more torque, power, speed, but loses on the milage.

I would recommend the 5.0 for mpg, from personal experience.

Good luck.

Comment

Guys that have the ecoboost and haven't had problem don't use their trucks like I do! I pull a 22ft boat and multiple trailers. Hell I pulled a 14" trailer to IL and back with two four wheelers and averaged just under 9 mpg... I have the max tow with 373 gears. That was not going the speed limit... Lol 85mph most of the way. This motor will pull!!! There isn't a half ton truck that would touch it IMO! However the problems I'm having aren't unusual! Google it! Ford Does NOT have a fix for the stumbling problem! They ref lashed the ECU and added a POS plastic shield to block the intercooler that they say is the problem.

Listen i was merging on to the interstate and trying to pull in front of a semi in the rain. The truck fell on it's face! Like no power! I hit the hazard lane and barely avoided be run over by the truck! This no joke! Be careful! Do your research there is proof all over the web and YouTube! Every time it rains I have this problem! I called ford they said they are working on a fix. I love the truck hate that I have to deal with this. The truck is a 2012.

Comment

For the record, when I was pricing my work truck from the dealership the ecoboost was only $750 more than the 5.0, on a truck with the same exact specs. Now that could have changed by now, but that was the case in June 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by KRF View Post
                                For the record, when I was pricing my work truck from the dealership the ecoboost was only $750 more than the 5.0, on a truck with the same exact specs. Now that could have changed by now, but that was the case in June 2011.
                                It's a little more now. I think 1300 but I would have to check my sticker....

Comment

Working...
                                X