No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna head out tomorrow and watch some of my watering holes to see what pops up. Will most likely just drop some weight in sweat, but you never know.

Comment

Just got back. Didn't see anything. Was hot as all get out as I expected. Found a feeder and a game cam. Left a picture for ya. PM me if the cam is anybody on here. I was between checkpoint 6 and 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
        Just got back. Didn't see anything. Was hot as all get out as I expected. Found a feeder and a game cam. Left a picture for ya. PM me if the cam is anybody on here. I was between checkpoint 6 and 7.
        Ticks or snakes???

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
          Ticks or snakes???
          Didn't see a single snake. Although I have decided that I don't really enjoy hunting through the day during summer as much due to being so worried about snakes that I'm not paying attention to much else. No ticks that I have found....yet

Comment

Is any of it mowed down like in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              Is any of it mowed down like in the past?
              Nope. Most of it was 1 to 2 feet tall.

Comment

Thanks buddy, thats what I thought. We need ferral goats!

Comment

Yeah that would be nice. The last time I was out there I saw one place that had fresh tracks. I'd like to go back and sit and watch. Just had our first daughter so I haven't had a chance to go back.

Comment

Chevota, congrats on the new daughter. She will be a life changer. For the better of course. But yes it will limit your time at granger. I miss that freedom. Then I come home and hear "dayees home, my dayee my dayeee" and get a big hug and kiss. It washes the bad day at work away like nothing else! There will always be pigs, but your baby wont always be a baby. Dang they grow up too fast!

Comment

My baby is 14, geez.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        Chevota, congrats on the new daughter. She will be a life changer. For the better of course. But yes it will limit your time at granger. I miss that freedom. Then I come home and hear "dayees home, my dayee my dayeee" and get a big hug and kiss. It washes the bad day at work away like nothing else! There will always be pigs, but your baby wont always be a baby. Dang they grow up too fast!
                        Can't wait to combine the two. Right now I am having a lot of fun getting my brother outdoors and into bowhunting. He is actually thinking about saving up for his own bow now. Can't wait to be able to get my son out there and into it. He turns three at the end of this month.

Comment

Haha my girl turns 3 in july. I use to take her out there in one of the backpack kelty kid carriers from time to time. Never got a shot on a pig with her in it out there but we still enjoyed it. She was 5-6 months old her first hog hunting trip. She hunts with me at my FIL ranch. One time we were checking traps and she was tiny then. There was a mean boar in one of the traps and he kept charging at me. So I put my boot a little in the trap. THen he charged it and tried to bite it. She always talks about that mean piggy that tried to bit her daddys boot. She was not even old enough to talk and she is now talking about it. Thats awesome she remembers this stuff. Another thing that is funny when she sees an ice chest she ask "is there a piggy in there". Wont be too long and she will be joining us at the GRXH. She is a tuff little girl.

Comment

Yeah I can't wait to take her hunting and fishing and teach her to wrench on trucks. My dad started taking me up in the mountains when I was 2... surprisingly I remember a couple bits of hunting back then.

Comment

My kids are grown. We used to 3-D and shed hunt as they grew up. Finally the middle boy (20) is showing some interest in stick bow. Might have a hunting partner soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                                Found a feeder and a game cam.
                                Is that legal? I'm not the law I'm just curious. Where i hunt mostly: Angelina National Forest -- you can't bait.

Comment

Working...
                                X